Yesterday we kicked off the countdown of our most-read stories of the year.
Here’s the final list of the top 10 stories.
10. Chef Geoff’s Set to Close Tysons Restaurant in 12 Days (9,723 views)
The restaurant’s Tysons location closed on Friday, June 21, after 10 years at 8045 Leesburg Pike.
9. Body Found Along Leesburg Pike in Tysons (9,779 views)
In May, Fairfax County police said a body was found along Leesburg Pike near the Spring Hill Metro station.
8. Here’s a Sneak Peek Inside the New Whole Foods Store in Tysons (9,918 views)
Before the new Whole Foods opened to the public in The Boro, Tysons Reporter got to check out the store.
7. Here’s What’s Opening With the Whole Foods in Tysons (9,981 views)
Before Whole Foods opened, Tysons Reporter rounded up a list of other retailers and eateries waiting to piggyback off of that launch.
6. Roads Closed in Tysons Area Following Major Flooding (10,205 views)
Tysons Reporter kept readers updated on road closures and weather-related incidents when severe flooding hit the Tysons area on July 8.
5. Tysons Malls Extend Hours For Black Friday Shopping (10,761 views)
Tysons Corner Center and Tysons Galleria had extended their hours for shoppers on one of the biggest shopping days of the year.
In the spring, Fairfax County’s Board of Supervisors decided to investigate reports of missed trash pick-ups by a solid waste and recycling collection company in preparation to take legal action. (The county ended up fining American Disposal Services.)
Fairfax County police responded en masse to reports of a man with a weapon at Gannett headquarters in Tysons one day in August. Police said that after a thorough investigation, “our detectives have concluded no criminal activity occurred.”
2. Lord and Taylor Closing at Tysons Corner Center With Clearance Sale (25,503 views)
Shoppers can find 20-40% discounts at Lord and Taylor before the department store closes at Tysons Corner Center in January.
1. Macy’s in Tysons Galleria Closing With Big Clearance Sale (29,019 views)
The biggest story of 2019 for Tysons Reporter focused on the discounts at Macy’s in January ahead of its closure in Tysons Galleria.