The Whole Foods in The Boro is officially scheduled for a launch sometime in late summer or early fall, and several restaurants and smaller retailers are waiting in the wings to piggyback off that launch.
The Whole Foods is part of Boro Place, which has commonly been dubbed the retail spine of The Boro.
Furniture retailer Ethan Allen is set to form another entrance to the Boro Place, filling a two-story location at the corner of Boro Place and Westpark Drive.
Caroline Flax, a senior analyst for the Meridian Group, told Tysons Reporter that the restaurants and retail of Boro Place are planned to launch alongside the Whole Foods.
The idea of the development phases being brought online together rather retail than trickling in one-by-one as they were completed is part of a broader strategy to make The Boro feel like a commercial sector to rival the Tysons Corner Center mall.
Flax said a few contracts are still being finalized for the development, but here’s what we know is opening along Boro Place:
- North Italia — A full-service Italian restaurant planned to occupy 6,200 square feet
- Flower Child — A fast-casual restaurant with a focus on healthy food
- Fish Taco — A D.C.-based taco chain
- Tasty Kabob — The brick-and-mortar location for a popular local food truck
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe — A national smoothie chain
- Colour Bar Studio — A second floor of The Loft building on Boro Place
- Akira Ramen & Izakaya — A soba noodle restaurant offering a variety of ramens
- Poki DC — A Hawaiian-inspired cuisine with counter-serve style poke bowls.
The Vienna Town Council approved increasing a contract yesterday (Monday) for construction on the police department’s new station. The council agreed to allow up to $67,680 more in response to…
If someone wanted to take a bus from Tysons to Springfield right now, they would have to sit through dozens of stops to travel the roughly 15 miles from north…
Editor’s Note — With all 100 seats in Virginia’s House of Delegates on the ballot, Tysons Reporter is running Q&A-style profiles of the races in the Tysons area this week ahead of…
A federal judge in Alexandria agreed with legal arguments for two U.S. Park Police officers after they pursued a 25-year-old motorist in 2017 and fatally shot him in his Jeep….