The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tysons Reporter also created a list of events happening for Mardi Gras, which is tomorrow.
Tuesday (Feb. 25)
- National Pancake Day — 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. at IHOP (6655 Arlington Blvd) — The community is invited to enjoy a free small stack of pancakes.
- Cherish The Ladies — 8 p.m. at The Barns (1635 Trap Road) — This musical event includes step dancing, instrumental music and vocal arrangements. Tickets start at $27.
Wednesday (Feb. 26)
- Black Eminence: A Tysons-Wide Mixer — 5:30 p.m. at The Tower Club (8000 Towers Crescent Drive) — This event invites people to come together and play trivia to celebrate Black History Month while shopping from local businesses and enjoying music. Tickets are $15 for the public or $10 for members.
Saturday (Feb. 29)
- Battle of the Bands –– 6 p.m. at Jammin Java (227 E. Maple Ave) — This event invites people to listen to the final band perform a concert in a 22 session event. Tickets range from $10-$20. All ages are welcome.
- Zumba Dance Party — 3 to 4:30 p.m. at Tysons Corner Center (1961 Chain Bridge Road) — The Marshall High School PTSA is hosting this event to raise funds for the seniors’ graduation celebration. Tickets are $10-$20 for the work-out dance sessions. All ages are welcome to this Zumba event.
Sunday (March 1)
- Sunday AcaFunday — 1 p.m. at Jammin Java (227 E. Maple Ave) — The co-ed acapella group “Impitched” will sing a variety of popular pop songs and will be accompanied by groups such as TBD and The District. Tickets are $10 before the event or $15 at the door.
- DC St. Patrick’s Parade Fundraiser — 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Ireland’s Four Provinces (105 W. Broad Street) — This event celebrates Irish culture and will help to support the 2020 DC St. Patrick’s Parade. There will be food, drinks, live music, drawings, prizes and live auctions.
Photo via Ireland’s Four Provinces/Facebook
Bicyclist crosses Wiehle Avenue in Reston at site of future bridge (staff photo by Jay Westcott) The weekend is almost here. Before the remnants of Hurricane Ian arrive or you…
The West Falls Church Active Transportation Study area (via FCDOT) The general public’s last chance to weigh in on Fairfax County’s ongoing study of the bicycle and pedestrian network in…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. It’s that time of the year…
Duplexes are proposed to replace the Vienna Courts office condos (via Town of Vienna) The Vienna Planning Commission made clear Wednesday (Sept. 28) that in concept, it’s in favor of…