A new bus route will connect the Vienna Metrorail Station to the Pentagon via I-66, starting on Jan. 22.
The new express Route 698 will operate during weekday rush hours only, with ten trips in the morning and evening. The route, approved by the Board of Supervisors in November, will be supported by the Commuter Choice Program and I-66 toll revenues.
The first bus will leave Vienna at 5:40 a.m. and the last bus will arrive in Vienna at 6:46 p.m.
The Fairfax County Department of Transportation also announced the Fairfax Connector’s holiday schedule. While most Fairfax Connector buses will not be operating on Christmas Day, the following bus lines in the Tysons area will not operate on Christmas Eve or New Year’s Day:
- Route 422: the Tysons Circulator
- Route 461: Flint Hill-Vienna
- Route 494: Lorton-Springfield-Tysons
- Route 495: Burke Centre-Tysons
- Routes 624, 634: Stringfellow Road-Fair Lakes via Vienna Metro Station
- Routes 640, 642, 644: Stone Road – Centreville North via Vienna Metro Station
- Route 724: Lewinsville Road via McLean Metro Station
Photo via Facebook