Finding a place to live in Tysons can be difficult, even outside of the problems with affordable housing.
Jonathan LaCroix from the Tysons Regional Chamber of Commerce noted that the ratio of jobs to housing units in the area is lopsided, with roughly 100,000 jobs but only 19,000 residents. So for those hoping to live a little closer to where they work the housing market can be scarce and expensive.
To help, Tysons Reporter has put together a list of apartments and condominiums available to rent or buy currently and a look at housing coming down the pipeline over the next few years.
According to apartments.com and other sources, these are the places in Tysons that are available for rent:
- The Adaire (1521 Boyd Pointe Way) – Price range from $1,723 to $3,445
- The Ascent (8421 Broad St) – Price range from $1,753 to $3,509
- The Commons of McLean (1653 Anderson Rd) – Price range from $1,585 to $3,450
- Eaves Tysons Corner (1723 Gosnell Rd) – Price range from$1,655 to $2,100
- Dolley Madison Apartments at Tysons (1805 Wilson Ln) – Price range from $1,695 to $2,195
- Haden (1575 Anderson Rd) – Price range from $1,569 to $6,370
- Highgate at the Mile (7915 Jones Branch Dr) – Price range from $1,610 to $4,889
- The Kingston (7480 Birdwood Ave) – Price range from $1,965 to $4,500
- Nouvelle (7911 Westpark Dr) – Price range from $1,709 to $8,282
- Post Tysons Corner (1526 Lincoln Circle) – Price range from $1,600 – $3,330
- Vita Tysons Corner (7902 Tysons One Pl) – Price range from $1,654 to $7,965
Several apartments and condominiums are clumped together at Park Crest just north of Tysons Galleria:
- Avalon Park Crest (8250 Westpark Dr) – Price range from $1,785 to $2,470
- Ovation at Park Crest (8231 Crestwood Heights) – Price range from $1,833 to $5,185
- The Lofts at Park Crest (8210 Crestwood Heights Dr) – Price range from $2,270 to $5,471
- One Park Crest (8220 Crestwood Heights Dr) – Price range from $499,900 to $1,050,000
Other existing condo buildings include:
- Lillian Court (1635 International Drive)
- Westwood Village (1500 Northern Neck Dr)
- The Rotonda (8352 Greensboro Dr)
There are several apartment complexes currently in development:
- Westpark Plaza – Four planned buildings with a planned 1,300 residential units in two of them
- The Boro – Several mixed-use development buildings — including the “Rise” apartment tower and “Verse” condominium tower — near the Greensboro Metro station
- The Monarch – A planned luxury condominium building
- Tysons West Phase III – A planned development hub that will include 669 residential units
- Residences at Tysons II – A planned pair of 30-story residential towers adjacent to Tysons Galleria
- Lumen – A 32-story residential tower with 398 apartment units planned for completion by the end of 2018 and open for renting spring 2019.
Apart from the above list in and around central Tysons, there are also a number of other residential options just east of the Beltway with McLean and Falls Church mailing addresses, including but not limited to: Tysons View, Tysons Glen, Eaves Fairfax Towers, the Oaks at Falls Church, PeachTree of McLean, Tysons Landing Apartments, Regency at McLean condos, Encore of McLean condos, the Colonies of McLean condos, the Commons of McLean, the Gates of McLean condos, McLean Chase condos, Renaissance 2230 condos, and the Fountain at McLean condos.
The D.C. area’s first-ever Winter Lantern Festival is coming to Lerner Town Square at Tysons II (courtesy Kaleido Arts & Entertainment Group) Thousands of lanterns will take over Lerner Town…
Fairfax County Public Schools Fairfax County Public Schools could require parental notifications for class materials deemed sexually explicit, but in a deviation from the state, the proposed policy directly addresses…
The Koons Chevy auto dealership at 2000 Chain Bridge Road (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The developer behind Reston Station and Herndon’s stalled downtown redevelopment has turned its sights to…
A man walks by trash bins next to the curb (via Trinity Nguyen on Unsplash) (Updated at 1:25 p.m.) The service and staffing challenges plaguing trash collectors throughout Fairfax County…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.