The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (Sept. 17)
- Brewery and Buzz Oktoberfest — 5 p.m. at Barrel & Bushel (7901 Tysons One Place) — Attendees have the opportunity to try Old Ox Brewery and Ardent Craft Ales and also win prizes.
- Garden Wisdom — 7:30 p.m. at Vienna Town Hall (127 S. Center Street) — Representatives from Plant NoVA Native and the Northern Virginia Soil and Water Conservation District will teach attendees how to rethink their gardens. This event is free.
Wednesday (Sept. 18)
- Entrepreneur Express — 9 a.m.-noon at City of Falls Church Economic Development Authority City Hall (300 Park Avenue) — This free event invites upcoming business owners on how to receive free advice on how to be successful in their ventures and stay ahead of challenges.
Friday (Sept. 20)
- Murder and Marinara — 7-10 p.m. at Maggiano’s Tysons Corner (2001 International Drive) — This event will offer attendees a full three-course meal with bar specials and a night of mystery twists. Tickets are $75.
Saturday (Sept. 21)
- Oktoberfest Kickoff at Tysons Biergarten — 3-7 p.m. at Tysons Biergarten (8346 Leesburg Pike) — This event celebrates the new season with a ceremonial Weihenstephaner keg sent from Germany. $10 entry includes several tastings.
- Zumba — Beyonce Get Me Bodied — 8-8:45 a.m. at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner Atrium (7920 Jones Branch Drive) — This event allows attendees to dance their heart out while exercising alongside Beyonce-loving friends.
Sunday (Sept. 22)
With the D.C. area’s summer heat in full swing, local organizers worry that there are too few options for unhoused residents in the county to cool down. Last month, the…
For those who find the prospect of being 14 stories in the air exciting instead of terrifying, the Hyatt Regency at Tysons Corner Center has some available views without the…
Arts agencies from Fairfax County, Arlington and Alexandria are forming a supergroup. Unveiled Monday (Aug. 8), the newly created Northern Virginia Local Arts Agencies (NVLAA) consists of ArtsFairfax, the Alexandria…
A sidewalk is coming to Vienna’s Alma Street SE, whether the residents there want it or not. Construction to add about 1,500 linear feet of concrete, curb and gutter, driveway…