The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (Aug. 27)
- Drink the Extinct — 6-8 p.m. at Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant (7861 Tysons Corner Center) — Beer lovers will have the opportunity to talk about the history of Chesapeake Dark Lager and try it for themselves. Tickets are $15.
Wednesday (Aug. 28)
- Yoga with Alyson — 10 a.m. at Caboose Tavern (520 Mill Street NE) — For $10, participants can take part in a yoga class. All experience levels are welcome and guests should bring their own mats.
- 7-Eleven Job Fair — 2-5 p.m. at Tysons Corner Center (Level One) — The upcoming 7- Eleven is looking for employees for its new location. This open house invites anyone who may be interested to learn more.
Thursday (Aug. 29)
- “Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me!” — 8 p.m. at Wolf Trap (1551 Trap Road) — Peter Grosz, Negin Farsad and Faith Salie will compete in this NPR trivia show about current events. Tickets are $45.
Friday (Aug. 30)
- U.S. Open Party –5:30- 7:30 p.m. at the Mc Lean Swim and Tennis Association (1700 Margie Drive) — The McLean Tennis Association will open up their doors for a round-robin tennis tournament and party. Registration is free, and there will be prizes for winners. There will be kids and adult leagues.
Saturday (Aug. 31)
- Middle Eastern Food Festival — 11 a.m.-11 p.m. at Holy Transfiguration Melkite Greek-Catholic Church (8501 Lewinsville Road) — This free event gives attendees the chance to try a variety of Middle Eastern Food and engage in cultural activities, including dance lessons and a petting zoo.
Photo via Wolf Trap
Fairfax County will use an estimated $10 million in COVID-19 relief money for another major grant program aimed at helping community partners keep their doors open. The Board of Supervisors…
1st Stage Theatre in Tysons has unveiled its 2021-2022 season lineup. 1st Stage is reopening its doors to patrons in August for the first time since the venue at 1524…
Recently sold properties this week include a $3.6 million six-bedroom McLean home with a 4,000-square-foot saltwater pool.
(Updated at 11:30 a.m.) Face masks are now required when students are inside Fairfax County Public School buildings, regardless of an individual’s vaccination status, the school district announced this morning…