The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (Aug. 27)
- Drink the Extinct — 6-8 p.m. at Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant (7861 Tysons Corner Center) — Beer lovers will have the opportunity to talk about the history of Chesapeake Dark Lager and try it for themselves. Tickets are $15.
Wednesday (Aug. 28)
- Yoga with Alyson — 10 a.m. at Caboose Tavern (520 Mill Street NE) — For $10, participants can take part in a yoga class. All experience levels are welcome and guests should bring their own mats.
- 7-Eleven Job Fair — 2-5 p.m. at Tysons Corner Center (Level One) — The upcoming 7- Eleven is looking for employees for its new location. This open house invites anyone who may be interested to learn more.
Thursday (Aug. 29)
- “Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me!” — 8 p.m. at Wolf Trap (1551 Trap Road) — Peter Grosz, Negin Farsad and Faith Salie will compete in this NPR trivia show about current events. Tickets are $45.
Friday (Aug. 30)
- U.S. Open Party –5:30- 7:30 p.m. at the Mc Lean Swim and Tennis Association (1700 Margie Drive) — The McLean Tennis Association will open up their doors for a round-robin tennis tournament and party. Registration is free, and there will be prizes for winners. There will be kids and adult leagues.
Saturday (Aug. 31)
- Middle Eastern Food Festival — 11 a.m.-11 p.m. at Holy Transfiguration Melkite Greek-Catholic Church (8501 Lewinsville Road) — This free event gives attendees the chance to try a variety of Middle Eastern Food and engage in cultural activities, including dance lessons and a petting zoo.
Photo via Wolf Trap
Tysons residents will soon get to shape the plan for Fairfax County’s community center in the upcoming Dominion Square West housing development. The county’s Department of Neighborhood and Community Services…
Reston Museum walking tours start at the museum and explore the Lake Anne area Step back in time! Join a Reston Museum docent on Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. for a…
A Maryland driver has been arrested after leading police on an extended chase down the Capital Beltway yesterday (Monday) that crossed state lines and ended with a car flip in…
More than two years into the pandemic, Fairfax County is settling into a more stable approach to COVID-19 testing. The Fairfax County Health Department will now support free testing at…