The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (Aug. 27)
- Drink the Extinct — 6-8 p.m. at Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant (7861 Tysons Corner Center) — Beer lovers will have the opportunity to talk about the history of Chesapeake Dark Lager and try it for themselves. Tickets are $15.
Wednesday (Aug. 28)
- Yoga with Alyson — 10 a.m. at Caboose Tavern (520 Mill Street NE) — For $10, participants can take part in a yoga class. All experience levels are welcome and guests should bring their own mats.
- 7-Eleven Job Fair — 2-5 p.m. at Tysons Corner Center (Level One) — The upcoming 7- Eleven is looking for employees for its new location. This open house invites anyone who may be interested to learn more.
Thursday (Aug. 29)
- “Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me!” — 8 p.m. at Wolf Trap (1551 Trap Road) — Peter Grosz, Negin Farsad and Faith Salie will compete in this NPR trivia show about current events. Tickets are $45.
Friday (Aug. 30)
- U.S. Open Party –5:30- 7:30 p.m. at the Mc Lean Swim and Tennis Association (1700 Margie Drive) — The McLean Tennis Association will open up their doors for a round-robin tennis tournament and party. Registration is free, and there will be prizes for winners. There will be kids and adult leagues.
Saturday (Aug. 31)
- Middle Eastern Food Festival — 11 a.m.-11 p.m. at Holy Transfiguration Melkite Greek-Catholic Church (8501 Lewinsville Road) — This free event gives attendees the chance to try a variety of Middle Eastern Food and engage in cultural activities, including dance lessons and a petting zoo.
Photo via Wolf Trap
Moss on a tree in Great Falls Park (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) County Approves Automatic Car Tax Filings — “Effective Jan. 1, Fairfax County will now automatically file personal…
Whether you are ready to move-in now or would prefer to personalize a new home from the ground up, Brookfield Residential is here to help make owning a brand new…
A sample design of the county’s redesigned website (via Fairfax County) Fairfax County is refreshing its website. A website redesign is currently underway as the county looks to update “the…
Black Santa will return to Tysons Galleria this weekend (courtesy Santas Just Like Me) Tysons Galleria is getting a triple dose of Santa Claus this December. In addition to the…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.