The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (Aug. 13)
- Stray Cats 40th Anniversary Tour — 8-11 p.m. at Wolf Trap (1551 Trap Road) — The band will celebrate its 40-year anniversary with a performance. Tickets start at $35.
Wednesday (Aug. 14)
- Wednesday West Coast Swing Lessons and Dance — 8 p.m. at Latin Dancer Studio (1057 W. Broad Street, Suite 221) — This event invites newbies and seasoned dancers alike to join lessons and an open dance floor later in the evening. Tickets are $15 for a lesson or just $10 after 10 p.m. for the social dance.
Thursday (Aug. 15)
- Karaoke Thursday! — 8-11 p.m. at Falls Church Distillers (442 S. Washington Street) — This locally owned distillery opens their doors for patrons to come to sing and enjoy some spirits.
Friday (Aug. 16)
- The Slambovian Circus of Dreams and Lumen Jingos — 8 p.m. at the Jammin Java (227 E. Maple Avenue) — The bands take to the stage for an evening of live music. Both bands have been described as “psychedelic.” Tickets are $25.
- McLean Famers Market — 8 a.m. at Lewinsville Park (1659 Chain Bride Road) — This event will feature fresh veggies and food from local vendors.
Saturday (Aug. 17)
- Family Bingo Party With Food for Others — noon-3 p.m. at Brandbox Lounge at Tysons Corner Center — Food for Others will host an event to raise awareness for their cause while attendees play games and win prizes.
Photo via The Slambovian Circus of Dreams/Facebook
The American Legion Bridge into Maryland (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) If you find trips on the Capital Beltway into Maryland nightmarish now, imagine what they would be like without…
A Vienna Police car on Mill Street (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Town of Vienna Police Department will once again usher in summer with a hardline approach to stop…
The Mosaic District will hold its second annual Pride Parade this Saturday (via Mosaic District/Twitter) Pride Month starts today (June 1), and opportunities to celebrate in Fairfax County extend through…
Pimmit Hills residents recently held a pizza party to raise funds to cover legal fees from Washington Gas’ lawsuit over a planned gas pipeline (photo by Marni Penning) The Pimmit…