The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Monday (Aug. 5)
- Sound Check Bingo — 7-8:30 p.m. at Caboose Commons (2918 Eskridge Road) — Music lovers have the opportunity to test their skills by guessing songs and artists after hearing a short clip of music.
Tuesday (Aug. 6)
- Tysons Corner Book Club — 7:30-9 p.m. at Tysons Galleria Food Hall (2001 International Drive) — Members will be discussing Michelle Obama’s book “Becoming” near Andy’s Pizza. This event is free.
- Tuesday Trivia With John W. — 7-9 p.m. at Caboose Commons (2918 Eskridge Road) — This trivia session will feature a variety of topics. It is free to attend.
Wednesday (Aug. 7)
- Summer Rooftop Hit Workout — 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Lululemon Athletica (2920 District Avenue) — Lululemon sponsors this free workout class. All fitness levels are welcome.
- Chanel “Working Woman Wednesday” Beauty Masterclass — 6:30-9 p.m. at Saks Fifth Avenue (2001 International Drive) — This event will feature makeup tutorials from Chanel. Attendance is free and dessert will be provided.
Friday (Aug. 9)
- Meet E.A. Dustin — 7 p.m. at Barnes & Noble (2921 District Avenue Suite 180) — This local author will discuss her book and signing copies of “Save Me Twice” about WWll.
Saturday (Aug. 10)
- Stop the Bleed Workshop — 1:30-4 p.m. at Patrick Henry Library (101 E. Maple Avenue) — CERT and FEMA will teach attendees how to stop bleeding in case of an emergency and save a life if necessary. This is open to everyone 16 years of age and above.
- Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band — 8 p.m. at Wolf Trap at the Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — This live musical event will feature musicians who have played alongside Ringo Starr. Tickets start at $45.
- 29th Anniversary Block Party — 1-4 p.m. in McLean (1440 Chain Bridge Road) — The McLean Community Center will host a celebration for the 29th anniversary of the old firehouse. This free event offers free admission and there will be live music, games, food and activities for all ages.
Sunday (Aug. 11)
- Tysons Farmers Market — 9 a.m. at The Plaza at Tysons Corner Center — Every week, local businesses gather to share their goods with the community. Entry is free, and activities for kids will be available.
- Live Music with Eli Lev — noon-3 p.m. at Caboose Commons (2918 Eskridge Road) — Folk singer and songwriter Eli Lev will perform live for the audience. This free performance will likely include music from his upcoming album.
Image via Eli Lev/Facebook
Renovations for the first phase of improvements at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts have been completed. The renovations include the introduction of permanent, roofed wooden pavilions that…
Construction Begins on New Tysons ER — “HCA Virginia, the health system behind Reston Hospital Center, has started construction on a Tysons emergency room and aims to open it in…
The Fairfax County Economic Development Authority gave nearly $29,000 to 10 social media influencers over the past year to highlight its jobs portal and virtual career fairs. The campaign primarily…
COVID-19 cases are still on the upswing, but for the first time in 16 months, the Fairfax Health District did not lose a single person in the past week to…