The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Monday (Aug. 5)
- Sound Check Bingo — 7-8:30 p.m. at Caboose Commons (2918 Eskridge Road) — Music lovers have the opportunity to test their skills by guessing songs and artists after hearing a short clip of music.
Tuesday (Aug. 6)
- Tysons Corner Book Club — 7:30-9 p.m. at Tysons Galleria Food Hall (2001 International Drive) — Members will be discussing Michelle Obama’s book “Becoming” near Andy’s Pizza. This event is free.
- Tuesday Trivia With John W. — 7-9 p.m. at Caboose Commons (2918 Eskridge Road) — This trivia session will feature a variety of topics. It is free to attend.
Wednesday (Aug. 7)
- Summer Rooftop Hit Workout — 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Lululemon Athletica (2920 District Avenue) — Lululemon sponsors this free workout class. All fitness levels are welcome.
- Chanel “Working Woman Wednesday” Beauty Masterclass — 6:30-9 p.m. at Saks Fifth Avenue (2001 International Drive) — This event will feature makeup tutorials from Chanel. Attendance is free and dessert will be provided.
Friday (Aug. 9)
- Meet E.A. Dustin — 7 p.m. at Barnes & Noble (2921 District Avenue Suite 180) — This local author will discuss her book and signing copies of “Save Me Twice” about WWll.
Saturday (Aug. 10)
- Stop the Bleed Workshop — 1:30-4 p.m. at Patrick Henry Library (101 E. Maple Avenue) — CERT and FEMA will teach attendees how to stop bleeding in case of an emergency and save a life if necessary. This is open to everyone 16 years of age and above.
- Ringo Starr & His All-Starr Band — 8 p.m. at Wolf Trap at the Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — This live musical event will feature musicians who have played alongside Ringo Starr. Tickets start at $45.
- 29th Anniversary Block Party — 1-4 p.m. in McLean (1440 Chain Bridge Road) — The McLean Community Center will host a celebration for the 29th anniversary of the old firehouse. This free event offers free admission and there will be live music, games, food and activities for all ages.
Sunday (Aug. 11)
- Tysons Farmers Market — 9 a.m. at The Plaza at Tysons Corner Center — Every week, local businesses gather to share their goods with the community. Entry is free, and activities for kids will be available.
- Live Music with Eli Lev — noon-3 p.m. at Caboose Commons (2918 Eskridge Road) — Folk singer and songwriter Eli Lev will perform live for the audience. This free performance will likely include music from his upcoming album.
Image via Eli Lev/Facebook
The American Legion Bridge into Maryland (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) If you find trips on the Capital Beltway into Maryland nightmarish now, imagine what they would be like without…
A Vienna Police car on Mill Street (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Town of Vienna Police Department will once again usher in summer with a hardline approach to stop…
The Mosaic District will hold its second annual Pride Parade this Saturday (via Mosaic District/Twitter) Pride Month starts today (June 1), and opportunities to celebrate in Fairfax County extend through…
Pimmit Hills residents recently held a pizza party to raise funds to cover legal fees from Washington Gas’ lawsuit over a planned gas pipeline (photo by Marni Penning) The Pimmit…