The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (July 30)
- Ruff Tuesdays — 3:30 p.m.-9 p.m. at Caboose Commons (2918 Eskridge Road) and 4-9 p.m. at Caboose Tavern (520 Mill Street NE) — This brewery invites patrons to come for an extended happy hour and bring their dogs. They will have water and treats for furry friends as well as raffle-giveaways.
- Cinema Tuesday — 9-11 p.m. at Tysons Biergarten (8346 Leesburg Pike) — This Tuesday, people at Tysons Biergarten can watch a free showing of “Jaws.” Beer and appetizers will be served.
Wednesday (July 31)
- Culture Shock D.C. — 10 a.m. at Theatre-in-the-Woods (1551 Trap Road) — This hip-hop dance show features a local Culture Shock troupe. The show is suited for ages 7 and up. Tickets are $10.
Thursday (August 1)
- 9th Annual Grateful Dead Meet-Up at the Movies — 7 p.m. at Angelika Film Center (2911 District Avenue) — Fans of the American rock band can watch a feature film, which showcases the previously unreleased June 17, 1991 concert. Tickets are $14.50.
Friday (August 2)
- Movie Night with the National Law Enforcement Museum — 6:30 p.m.-12 a.m. at The Plaza (1961 Chain Bridge Road) — The National Law Enforcement Museum invites the community for a free showing of “Zootopia.” Popcorn and treats from Lolli & Pops will be provided before the show begins at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday (August 3)
- K-9 Law Enforcement-Themed Kid’s Club — 10 a.m.-12 p.m. at The Plaza (1961 Chain Bridge Road) — Kids will have the opportunity to learn about K9 law enforcement by making crafts and watching demonstrations. Attendees can also meet Washington Metropolitan Airports Authority K9 Russell and his handler Corporal Matthew Werner.
Sunday (August 4)
- Free Yoga — 9-10 a.m. at Strawberry Park (2910 District Avenue) — A free yoga class will take place outside for community members. The Mosaic District asks that participants bring their own yoga mat, water and other necessities.
Photo via Mosaic District/Facebook
Editor’s Note — With all 100 seats in Virginia’s House of Delegates on the ballot, Tysons Reporter is running Q&A-style profiles of the races in the Tysons area this week ahead of…
Meet Tip Toe, a short-haired tabby who has come a long way from the trash can where she was found at 4 weeks of age. Now just over 1 year…
Members of the public can now follow Tysons’ transformation from office hub to “America’s next great city” from their laptop. Fairfax County has repackaged its annual report on the implementation…
November is on the horizon, and in Virginia, that means it’s almost time for another Election Day. This year, voters will determine the Commonwealth’s future for the next four years,…