The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (July 30)
- Ruff Tuesdays — 3:30 p.m.-9 p.m. at Caboose Commons (2918 Eskridge Road) and 4-9 p.m. at Caboose Tavern (520 Mill Street NE) — This brewery invites patrons to come for an extended happy hour and bring their dogs. They will have water and treats for furry friends as well as raffle-giveaways.
- Cinema Tuesday — 9-11 p.m. at Tysons Biergarten (8346 Leesburg Pike) — This Tuesday, people at Tysons Biergarten can watch a free showing of “Jaws.” Beer and appetizers will be served.
Wednesday (July 31)
- Culture Shock D.C. — 10 a.m. at Theatre-in-the-Woods (1551 Trap Road) — This hip-hop dance show features a local Culture Shock troupe. The show is suited for ages 7 and up. Tickets are $10.
Thursday (August 1)
- 9th Annual Grateful Dead Meet-Up at the Movies — 7 p.m. at Angelika Film Center (2911 District Avenue) — Fans of the American rock band can watch a feature film, which showcases the previously unreleased June 17, 1991 concert. Tickets are $14.50.
Friday (August 2)
- Movie Night with the National Law Enforcement Museum — 6:30 p.m.-12 a.m. at The Plaza (1961 Chain Bridge Road) — The National Law Enforcement Museum invites the community for a free showing of “Zootopia.” Popcorn and treats from Lolli & Pops will be provided before the show begins at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday (August 3)
- K-9 Law Enforcement-Themed Kid’s Club — 10 a.m.-12 p.m. at The Plaza (1961 Chain Bridge Road) — Kids will have the opportunity to learn about K9 law enforcement by making crafts and watching demonstrations. Attendees can also meet Washington Metropolitan Airports Authority K9 Russell and his handler Corporal Matthew Werner.
Sunday (August 4)
- Free Yoga — 9-10 a.m. at Strawberry Park (2910 District Avenue) — A free yoga class will take place outside for community members. The Mosaic District asks that participants bring their own yoga mat, water and other necessities.
Photo via Mosaic District/Facebook
The National Weather Service has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch in Fairfax County. The watch went into effect at 3:07 p.m. and is expected to last until 7 p.m. this…
Independence Day weekend is almost here. Before you prepare for the oncoming barrage of fireworks or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news…
While it won’t be quiet around Fairfax County on Monday with Fourth of July celebrations, many government offices and facilities will be closed. Government offices, and some businesses, are closed…
Two D.C. residents have been arrested and charged with armed robbery after allegedly driving a man around and robbing him at gunpoint on April 9, the Town of Vienna Police…