The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (July 30)
- Ruff Tuesdays — 3:30 p.m.-9 p.m. at Caboose Commons (2918 Eskridge Road) and 4-9 p.m. at Caboose Tavern (520 Mill Street NE) — This brewery invites patrons to come for an extended happy hour and bring their dogs. They will have water and treats for furry friends as well as raffle-giveaways.
- Cinema Tuesday — 9-11 p.m. at Tysons Biergarten (8346 Leesburg Pike) — This Tuesday, people at Tysons Biergarten can watch a free showing of “Jaws.” Beer and appetizers will be served.
Wednesday (July 31)
- Culture Shock D.C. — 10 a.m. at Theatre-in-the-Woods (1551 Trap Road) — This hip-hop dance show features a local Culture Shock troupe. The show is suited for ages 7 and up. Tickets are $10.
Thursday (August 1)
- 9th Annual Grateful Dead Meet-Up at the Movies — 7 p.m. at Angelika Film Center (2911 District Avenue) — Fans of the American rock band can watch a feature film, which showcases the previously unreleased June 17, 1991 concert. Tickets are $14.50.
Friday (August 2)
- Movie Night with the National Law Enforcement Museum — 6:30 p.m.-12 a.m. at The Plaza (1961 Chain Bridge Road) — The National Law Enforcement Museum invites the community for a free showing of “Zootopia.” Popcorn and treats from Lolli & Pops will be provided before the show begins at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday (August 3)
- K-9 Law Enforcement-Themed Kid’s Club — 10 a.m.-12 p.m. at The Plaza (1961 Chain Bridge Road) — Kids will have the opportunity to learn about K9 law enforcement by making crafts and watching demonstrations. Attendees can also meet Washington Metropolitan Airports Authority K9 Russell and his handler Corporal Matthew Werner.
Sunday (August 4)
- Free Yoga — 9-10 a.m. at Strawberry Park (2910 District Avenue) — A free yoga class will take place outside for community members. The Mosaic District asks that participants bring their own yoga mat, water and other necessities.
Photo via Mosaic District/Facebook
The D.C. area’s first-ever Winter Lantern Festival is coming to Lerner Town Square at Tysons II (courtesy Kaleido Arts & Entertainment Group) Thousands of lanterns will take over Lerner Town…
Fairfax County Public Schools Fairfax County Public Schools could require parental notifications for class materials deemed sexually explicit, but in a deviation from the state, the proposed policy directly addresses…
The Koons Chevy auto dealership at 2000 Chain Bridge Road (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The developer behind Reston Station and Herndon’s stalled downtown redevelopment has turned its sights to…
A man walks by trash bins next to the curb (via Trinity Nguyen on Unsplash) (Updated at 1:25 p.m.) The service and staffing challenges plaguing trash collectors throughout Fairfax County…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.