(Updated 9:30 a.m.) Bars in Virginia can now legally advertise their happy hour specials, so here’s a look at what some of the local bars have to offer.
The law had previously allowed bars to advertise the hours but not the prices, but a lawsuit from Chef Geoff’s in Tysons led to the state legislature to amend the law.
So in honor of Chef Geoff’s success, here are some of the happy hours around Tysons:
- Chef Geoff’s Tysons (8045 Leesburg Pike): Wednesday-Sunday from 3-7 p.m. and all day Monday and Tuesday until 9 p.m. The happy hour specials include $7 wines, $8 cocktails, and $1 off all draft beers. In addition to discounted bar snacks, all pizzas are $4 and burgers are half priced.
- Paddy Barry’s (8150 Leesburg Pike): Monday-Friday from 3-7 p.m. Domestic beers are discounted by $2, with $3 off all appetizers. House red and white wines are $5.
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse (8027 Leesburg Pike): Monday-Friday from 3-7 p.m. and from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Specials vary by day.
- Eddie V’s (7900 Tysons One Place): Monday-Sunday from 4-7 p.m. Cocktails and wine glasses are $8 and there are discounts on oysters and other small seafood dishes.
- La Sandia (7852 Tysons Corner Center): Sunday-Friday from 4-9 p.m. Margaritas are available normal or frozen from $5 to $7. Tacos are three for $8 and a sampler platter of guacamole, quesadilla, wings, taquitos and Mexican corn is available for $15.
- Gordon Biersch (7861 Tysons Corner Center): Sunday-Friday from 3-6:30 p.m. All beers, wines and cocktails are $2 off.
- Earls Kitchen and Bar (7902 Tysons One Place): Every day from 3-6 p.m. and Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9 p.m.-closing. Most food is discounted and drink discounts vary by day.
- Wildfire (Tysons Galleria, 2001 International Dr): Weekdays from 3-6 p.m. Staff at the restaurant said the restaurant offers half-price appetizers, $7 cocktails and “a couple dollars off” wines and beers.
- ENTYSE Wine Bar and Lounge (Tysons Galleria/Ritz Carlton, 1700 Tysons Blvd): Monday-Friday from 3-6 p.m. Drinks and fries are $5, with a flight of rare wines available for $55.
- Greenhouse Bistro (2070 Chain Bridge Road): Monday-Friday from 4-7 p.m. Cocktails, Pinot Noir and Pinot Grigio for $6. Sangria and draught beers are $5. Appetizers, pizzas and fries range from $5-10.
- Xtreme Wings and Bar (8119 Watson St): Monday-Friday from 3-7 p.m. Staff said all beer and food is 15 percent off the regular price.
- Ten Penh (7900 Westpark): Monday-Friday from 4-7 p.m. A variety of beers, wines, cocktails and snacks are $5.
The Tysons Biergarten also offers a happy hour on weekdays from 3-9 p.m. but the payment system operates differently. Friday happy hours are 3-9 p.m. with a Tyson’s Lager and Eggenberg Pilsner, in addition to a 5-9 p.m. happy hour on all American draft beers, all for $5. On Monday’s, the bar features $2 Lionshead all day. On Sunday’s, it’s $5 Tyson’s Lager from 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
Photo via Facebook
Fairfax County will use an estimated $10 million in COVID-19 relief money for another major grant program aimed at helping community partners keep their doors open. The Board of Supervisors…
1st Stage Theatre in Tysons has unveiled its 2021-2022 season lineup. 1st Stage is reopening its doors to patrons in August for the first time since the venue at 1524…
Recently sold properties this week include a $3.6 million six-bedroom McLean home with a 4,000-square-foot saltwater pool.
(Updated at 11:30 a.m.) Face masks are now required when students are inside Fairfax County Public School buildings, regardless of an individual’s vaccination status, the school district announced this morning…