A brand new suite of retail options has just been announced for The Boro, a large development near the Greensboro Metro station planned to compete with the Tysons Corner Center mall as a commercial hub.
The largest of the new tenants is a two-story Ethan Allen furniture store, according to a press release from the Meridian Group. The store is relocating from a Route 7 location and opening a 11,500-square-foot location at the corner of Boro Place and Westpark Drive.
Six other new retail locations were also announced, including:
- Colour Bar Studio: a hair salon offering a variety of services including coloring and haircuts. The 3,400-square-foot salon, Colour Bar’s second in Northern Virginia, will be on the second floor of The Loft along Boro Place.
- Paris Baguette: a French bakery offering an assortment of breads, pastries and cakes baked daily, as well as chef-inspired sandwiches and salads. Paris Baguette’s second location in Northern Virginia, the 2,600-square-foot café will be located on the ground floor of Boro Tower at the corner of Broad Street and Solutions Drive.
- Akira Ramen & Izakaya: a restaurant that makes its own Soba noodles and features an open kitchen. This is Akira Ramen’s second location and they are opening a 2,000-square-foot restaurant on Boro Place, across from Whole Foods Market.
- Tysons Nail Lounge: the lounge will be an expansion of Mint Nail Lounge, a premier manicure, pedicure and waxing lounge in the Mosaic District. The 1,600-square-foot location on the second floor of The Loft.
- Poki DC: a 1,400-square-foot location offering poke as well as freshly-brewed bubble tea. Poki DC will open on Boro Place, adjacent to Akira Ramen.
- Verizon Wireless: will offer phones, accessories and support services. Its 1,400-square-foot store will be on Greensboro Drive.
The new stores are scheduled to open alongside the 69,000 square-foot Whole Foods Market, ShowPlace ICON Theaters, and other retail sometime later this year. The exact date has not been announced.
The weekend is almost here. Before you embrace the new season at a local fall festival or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit recent news from the Tysons…
A new rebate program that starts next year would give thousands of dollars to Virginians who buy or lease an electric vehicle. But it’s not funded. Fairfax County officials said the…
Open houses this weekend include a 4 BD/5.5 BA single-family home in McLean. It features a formal living room with a gas fireplace and a library.
While Bisnonna Bakeshop got the most high-profile welcome, the Italian bakery isn’t the only recent newcomer to Tysons Corner Center. One week earlier, Extreme Halloween started haunting the mall’s large,…