Across all of Fairfax County, Tysons has the highest concentration of cybersecurity companies with headquarters or major operations.
According to a list put together by the Fairfax County Economic Development Authority (FCEDA), Tysons has 119 cybersecurity companies, the most of any jurisdiction in the county. Tysons is followed by Reston with 79 companies and Herndon with 68 companies.
Economic groups have been working to turn Tysons into a Silicon Valley for cybersecurity. Bringing in more tech companies, and how that could impact education and infrastructure challenges around the region, was a major theme of the Tysons 2050 event
Some of the cybersecurity companies — or companies with cybersecurity components — in Tysons include:
- BAE Systems — a defense, security and aerospace company
- Centurum — a network engineering and infrastructure company
- Cyren — a cloud-based internet security services company
- Dell EMC — a data storage and management company acquired by Dell in 2016.
- HumanTouch — a private and public sector cybersecurity company
- Leidos — a defense and intelligence industry focused cybersecurity company
- Merlin International — a cybersecurity company focusing on both government and commercial contracts
- Microstrategy — a data analytics company
- MITRE — a not-for-profit company that operates research and development centers
- Nehemiah Security — a cyber-risk assessment business
- Novetta Solutions — a data-analytics focused business
- OBXtek — a technical and logistics solutions company which works primarily with the federal government
- Preferred Systems Solutions — an IT management, development, and operation company
- PFP Cybersecurity — a cybersecurity company utilizing analog signals to assess the integrity of digital information
- Raytheon — a major defense contractor
- RSA — a commercial-focused cybersecurity company
- Strategic Operational Solutions — an IT strategy and management consulting firm
- Tangible Security — a cybersecurity company
- Tanium — an endpoint security and systems management company
- Trustwave — a business-focused cybersecurity company
- Veris Group — a Tysons cyber-risk assessor that acquired in 2016 by cybersecurity company Coalfire
- Verodin — a cybersecurity management company
There are also several major cybersecurity companies located around the Merrifield area, including:
- Cisco Systems — an IT, networking and cybersecurity company
- Harris Corporation — a company built on improving business’ cybersecurity effectiveness
- Kingfisher Systems, Inc. — a cybersecurity contractor
- Lockheed Martin — a global security and aerospace company
- TEKsystems — an IT staffing company
Photo via FCEDA
A Youth Art Exhibition at Dulles Airport showcases work by Fairfax County students (courtesy McLean Project for the Arts) Before enduring the indignities of modern airport security, people flying out…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Are you an inspired foodie like…
The clock is ticking for Fairfax County and the D.C. region to adopt a new transportation plan aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions. This past June, the National Capital Region…
Giant Food in Vienna (via Google Maps) A man who allegedly fired a gun during a family dispute in the parking lot of Vienna’s Giant Food has been arrested, the…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.