Girl Scouts troops will start selling cookies in-person at dozens of locations in Fairfax County on Friday (Feb. 5).
For those looking to stay home, Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital is also offering online cookie sales, which will be delivered through the Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital chapter. Online sales began on Monday (Feb. 1).
Here are the locations and schedules, according to the Girl Scouts’ cookie finder:
- Conte’s Bike Shop (1118 W. Broad Street): weekends through Feb. 27
- Lazy Mike’s Deli (7049 Leesburg Pike): Feb. 6-7
- Kids First Swim Schools (1104B W. Broad Street): Feb. 7 and Feb. 14
- Doodlehopper 4 Kids Toy Store (234 W. Broad Street): Feb. 12-13 and March 5-7
- State Theatre (220 N. Washington Street): Feb. 12 and 13
- Clare & Don’s Beach Shack (130 N Washington Street): Feb. 20
- Jason’s Deli (7505 Leesburg Pike): weekends through March 6
- H Mart (8103 Lee Hwy): this Saturday and Saturday, March 6
- Child’s Play Toys (1382 Chain Bridge Road): This Friday, followed by Saturdays through March 6
- CVS (1452 Chain Bridge Road: Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through March 7
- Marshalls (8353 Leesburg Pike): Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through March 7
- Dollar Tree (264 Cedar Lane, SE): Feb. 5-7, Feb. 13-14, Feb. 19
- Bards Alley (110 Church St. NW): Feb. 6 and 20
- Lacrosse Unlimited of Vienna (209 Maple Avenue E): weekends through March 7
- Petco (225a Maple Avenue E): weekends through March 7
- Vienna Rexall Drug Center (150 Maple Ave, West): weekends through March 6
All cookie sales end March 14.
“This year we had a decrease [in in-person booths], but of course, Girl Scouts have found a way,” Tygerian Burke, the marketing and communications manager for Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital, said.
Buying cookies online works like this:
- Customers can type their zip code into the cookie finder and find local troops selling cookies virtually. Each time the page loads, it will feature a different virtual booth.
- When customers click the link corresponding to the troop of their choice, the link will take them to a page with a description of what the sales will go toward and directions for buying the cookies.
- The cookies can be shipped to the customer’s house or to someone else as a donation.
The Girl Scouts are also delivering cookies via GrubHub, a promotion that started in the D.C. area last Thursday (Jan. 28), Burke said. Drivers can deliver cookies to homes within a 25-minute radius of where a scout or troop is located, which in D.C. traffic, will mean varying distances, she noted.
She advised checking social media for Facebook Live promotions of GrubHub deliveries throughout the month-and-a-half of sales.
Burke said some troops within the council are setting up drive-through locations as well as signs with QR codes linking to their personalized virtual booth pages.
Girl Scouts are selling Thin Mints, Samoas, Trefoils, Do-si-dos and Tagalongs — as well as a new cookie called Lemon-Ups — for $5 a box. Two specialty cookies, S’mores and Toffee-tastics, go for $6 a box.
Image via Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital
Haven’t gotten around to buying Girl Scout cookies yet?
The Northern Virginia Girl Scouts have an ongoing sale in the Mosaic District. They will be selling them every day of the week, though the hours vary.
Cookies will be on sale on Mondays-Thursdays from 5-7 p.m. On Fridays, they will be available from 5-8 p.m. The cookies will also be on sale all day on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. On Sundays, they will be on sale from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Girl Scouts will be selling the cookies from the lobby of the Target (2905 District Avenue, Suite 400).
Here are some other places around Tysons Corner where you can pick up a box your favorite girl scout cookies this week from Thursday-Sunday (Feb. 20-23):
- Metro Station (1824 Dolley Madison Blvd): Thursday: 3:30-7:30 p.m.; Friday: 3:30-7:30 p.m.
- Silver Diner (8101 Fletcher Avenue): Friday: 4:30-8:30 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday: 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Marshalls (8353 Leesburg Pike): Friday: 4:30-8:30 p.m.; Saturday: 9:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.; Sunday: 1-3 p.m.
- TJ Maxx (8389 Leesburg Pike): Friday: 5-9 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- 7-Eleven (1931 Old Gallows Road): Saturday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Petsmart (8204 Leesburg Pike): Saturday): 11 a.m.-5 p.m
- OLGC Church (8601 Wolftrap Road): Sunday: 7-10 a.m.
For a full list of the places and times where you can get Girl Scout cookies after next week, an online list and app provide updated information.
Photo via Facebook
As the winter starts to thaw, stands hawking Girl Scout cookies are starting to crop up nationwide.
But rather than randomly stumbling on them, a new app can help Tysonians with a sweet tooth track their dealers.
Here’s a look at some of the spots around the Tysons area to get your cookie fix:
- McLean Metro (1824 Dolley Madison Blvd): Thursdays and Fridays: 3:30-7:30 p.m.
- Silver Diner (8101 Fletcher Ave): Friday (March 1) 4:30-6:30 p.m. Saturday (March 2): 9-11 a.m. Sunday (March 3): 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Safeway (1688 Anderson Road): Saturdays, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Ascent Apartment Building (8421 Broad Street): Monday (March 4): 5-7 p.m.
- Marshalls (8353 Leesburg Pike): Friday (March 1): 4:30-6:30 p.m. Saturday (March 2): 9:30-11:30 a.m. Sunday (March 3): 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- TJ Maxx (8389 Leesburg Pike): Fridays, 5-7 p.m., Saturdays 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Sundays 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- 7-Eleven (1931 Old Gallows Road): Saturday (March 2): 1-3 p.m., Sunday (March 3) 12-2 p.m.
- OLGC CFF (8601 Wolftrap Road): Saturday (March 2): 8:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Vienna-Dunn Loring Metro (2700 Gallows Road): Weekdays, 3:30-7:30 p.m. Saturdays, 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Advance Auto (311 Maple Ave E): Fridays, 5-8 p.m. Saturdays, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Dollar Tree (264 Cedar Lane SE): Friday (March 1): 4-6 p.m. Saturday (March 2): 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Sunday (March 3): 12-2 p.m.
- Lacrosse Unlimited of Vienna (209 Maple Ave E): Fridays, 4-7 p.m. Saturdays, 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Sundays, 10-11:45 a.m.
- Rexall (150 Maple Ave W): Fridays, 5-9 p.m. Saturdays, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Cocoa Vienna (120 Church Street NE): Saturday (March 2): 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday (March 3) 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Dunkin’ Donuts (2750 Gallows Road E): Saturdays and Sundays, 8-10 a.m.
- Ben and Jerry’s (136 C Maple Ave W): Sunday (March 3): 12-3 p.m.
- Balducci’s (6655 Old Dominion Dr): Fridays, 5-8 p.m. Saturdays, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sundays, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Giant Food (1454 Chain Bridge Rd): Fridays, 5-8 p.m. Saturdays, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Safeway (6244 Old Dominion Drive): Fridays, 4-7 p.m. Saturdays, 1-5 p.m.
- Advance Auto (1449 Chain Bridge Rd): Saturdays, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sundays, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Flowers and Plants (1378 Chain Bridge Rd): Saturdays, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- McLean Family Restaurant (1321 Chain Bridge Rd): Saturdays, 9-11:30 a.m.
- Child’s Play (1382 Chain Bridge Rd): Sundays, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Photo via Facebook