The weekend is almost here. Before you hit the town to support mental health or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit recent news from the Tysons area that you might’ve missed.
These were the most-read stories on Tysons Reporter this week:
- Virginia eases mask mandate for fully vaccinated people, moves up timeline to lift capacity limits
- Special taxing authority considered to finance infrastructure in ambitious West Falls Church mixed-use project
- Virginia and Fairfax County review new guidance on masks for those fully vaccinated
- Fairfax County entomologist MC Bugg-Z’s cicada rap is the song of the summer
- McLean’s Roots Provisions and Grocery opens for breakfast, lunch with bar coming soon
Ideas for stories we should cover can be sent to [email protected] or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the community are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
You can find previous rundowns of top stories on the site.
Photo courtesy Anne Alfano
George Mason University student Adel Batterjee and his friends had one of Bowlero’s first games yesterday (Monday) following the opening of the new Tysons Galleria venue, which combines an arcade…
Metro Service Cutbacks Continue — “Reduced Metrorail service is expected to continue until at least Sunday, October 24, as the investigation into the October 12 derailment continues. Beginning tomorrow, trains…
Metro is no stranger to safety challenges. Last week’s train derailment in Arlington was just the latest in a long history of perilous, occasionally fatal incidents that have plagued the…
An illustration of a coronavirus (via CDC/Unsplash) Fairfax County’s late summer, Delta variant-fueled surge in COVID-19 cases may have plateaued with fall’s arrival, but an uptick in deaths over the…