The weekend is almost here. Before you head out to browse a farmers market or catch up on some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit any recent news from the Tysons area that you might’ve missed from the past week.
These were the most-read stories on Tysons Reporter this week:
- Skip the Tidal Basin and check out Fairfax County’s cherry blossoms
- Falls Church City Council to hear another mixed-use development proposal for Broad and Washington
- Fairfax County will expand vaccine eligibility to all adults by April 18, given sufficient supply
- Fairfax County vaccine rollout moves to “Phase 1c” as COVID-19 cases stay level
- Falls Plaza Shopping Center gets new name as renovation is set to begin
Ideas for stories we should cover can be sent to [email protected] or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the community are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
You can find previous rundowns of top stories on the site.
A tractor-trailer caught fire on I-495 this afternoon (Wednesday), shutting down all southbound lanes at the Route 50 interchange in Merrifield. The fire appears to have sparked right as the…
Judges have named The Mather in Tysons, as the recipient of an Award of Merit for the 2022 Gold Nugget Awards, which honors architectural design and planning excellence from around…
This weekend, McLean got its first Fourth of July fireworks since the COVID-19 pandemic began in 2020 — only no one was around to see them. The McLean Community Center…
Caroline Edasis (left) and Marcy Maler guide Mather residents in Aging Well through vibrant and colorful creative arts programming. This biweekly column is sponsored by The Mather in Tysons, Virginia, a…