The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (Sept. 15)
- Mayor @ Your Service — 7:30 p.m. at Vienna Town Hall (127 Center Street S.) — Mayor Laurie DiRocco will have a presentation and conversation about Town programs and initiatives, Vienna history, or other topics of interest, the website said.
Thursday (Sept. 17)
- The Thursday Evening Book Group (Online) — 7 to 8 p.m. — The Thursday Evening Book Discussion Group meets on the first Thursday evening of each month. Discussing The Heartbeat of Wounded Knee: Native America from 1890 to the Present by David Treuer, the group will meet via Zoom. Email Marshall Webster, [email protected], to request the Zoom link.
Friday (Sept. 18)
- Mayor’s Walk –9:30 a.m. at Vienna Town Hall (127 Center Street S.) — Walk and talk the town with Mayor Linda Colbert.
- Vienna Virtual Bingo Fun (Online) — 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.– Join Town of Vienna’s Program Coordinator, Kathy Blevins, for a fun hour of bingo through Zoom, the website said. Email [email protected] to register or call 703-255-7801 for more information.
- Sunset Cinema: Moana (Reservation Required) –7:45 p.m. at Cherry Hill Park (312 Park Ave.) — Sunset Cinema returns with the showing of “Moana.” This event is limited to 20 families in a reservation system, the website said. To register, use this website.
Saturday (Sept. 19)
- Falls Church Farmers Market — 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at City Hall Parking Lot (300 Park Ave.) — Enjoy fresh, local produce, meat, dairy, flowers & plants, honey, music, and so much more at the Falls Church Farmers Market, the website said.
- Vienna Farmers Market –8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Vienna Community Center Parking Lot (120 Cherry Street SE ) — Sponsored by the Optimist Club of Greater Vienna, the Vienna Farmers Market features approximately 30 vendors from across the region offering locally sourced fruits, vegetables, and homemade eats, the website said.
Photo via Falls Church Farmers Market/Facebook
A menorah statue is lit up for Yom Kippur at the corner of Chain Bridge Road and Horseshoe Road in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Get Prepared for Flu…
A new, permanent traffic pattern will take effect at Route 7 and Lewinsville Road on Sept. 26 (via VDOT) One portion of the ongoing project to widen northern Route 7…
Get ready to explore the realm of artificial intelligence in an exciting first-of-its-kind film series showcasing some of the most iconic and thought-provoking movies in the genre. The entire series,…
Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA and D.C. with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected]. As…