(Updated 9/9) The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (Sept. 8)
- 2020 Tuesday Night 5k –6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Caboose Tavern (520 NE Mill Street)– Runners and walkers can take part in this multi-part series held on the W&OD Trai. Registration is $10 and people should arrive 45 minutes early for registration, the page said.
Wednesday (Sept. 9)
- Kanopy Film Discussion Group –8 to 9 p.m. online– The Mary Riley Styles Public Library is hosting a discussion on Frontline: Left Behind America. People can email Pete Sullivan ([email protected]) for a Zoom invitation or more info. The film is a documentary from PBS that explores the struggles of the post-economic recession in Dayton, Ohio, the page said.
Thursday (Sept. 10)
- Pets for Vets –4 to 8 p.m. at Settle Down Brewing (2822 Fallfax Drive)– This event invites people to take place in a fundraiser for Pets for Vets, which provides service animals that used to be shelter animals to military veterans. People can enjoy drink specials and free bingo, the Facebook event page said.
- The Boro Farmers Market –3 to 7 p.m. at the Boro Tysons(8301 Greensboro Drive)– This local market will feature fruits and vegetables, grass-fed meats and pastured eggs and baked goods, the event page said.
Sunday (Sept. 13)
- Adoption Event –12 to 3 p.m. at Chico’s Natural Pet Market (6349 A Columbia Pike)– Anyone looking for their next furry friend can check out this dog adoption event. This event will allow attendees to meet pups up for adoption and learn about foster opportunities, the event listing said.
- Intro to Traditional Climbing –9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Seneca Rocks Mountain Guides East (9200 Old Dominion Drive)– For $125 people can try out this all-day experience which will teach them safe practices for outdoor climbing. Top rope climbing and belay experience is required, the page said.
- Music In the Gardens –3 to 4 p.m. at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens (9750 Meadowlark Gardens Ct)– This series will feature live music from the Virginia Chamber Orchestra. Guests are welcome to bring a blanket or fold-up chairs to sit on. The concert is free with admission to the gardens.
Photo via Meadowlark Botanical Gardens/Facebook
iv class=”l-card c-card–post”> Sponsored Reston Museum walking tours start at the museum and explore the Lake Anne area Step back in time! Join a Reston Museum docent for the last walking…
Employee bonuses, facility improvements, and a study of middle school start times are among the priorities that Fairfax County Public Schools can now fund, thanks to some financial leeway from…
Celebrate Fairfax Inc. will close out the summer tomorrow (Friday) with an outdoor bash and some tunes. The nonprofit organization best known for staging the annual Celebrate Fairfax! Festival will…
A different kind of ghost will soon take up residence in the former Lord & Taylor at Tysons Corner Center. A Spirit Halloween pop-up will move into the store’s lower…