Fairfax County recently created a map pinpointing local groups looking for donations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The map allows users to find nonprofits and organizations within a specific region of Fairfax County so they can help people within their own communities.
Users can search for charities by the proximity to an address or by clicking on one from the general geographic overview.
The charities listed on the website are accepting items including personal protective equipment, cleaning supplies, baby products and paper items, the page said. Throughout the county, 22,620 households are at or below the poverty level, according to the website.
Charities collecting monetary donations can be found on the webpage as well.
People can learn more about a charity by reading an overview from Volunteer Fairfax.
- The Shepherd’s Center of McLean-Arlington-Falls Church
- American Red Cross in the National Capital Region
- Blood Donor Services, Inova Health System
- McLean Bible Church
- Family Preservation and Strengthening Services (PASS)
- MK9s Service Dogs
- Second Story
- The Shepherd’s Center of Oakton-Vienna
- Falls Church-McLean Childrens Center
- Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) Administration
- Falls Church Community Service Council (FCS)
- New Hope Housing (NHH)
- Northern Virginia Dental Clinic, Inc.
- NOVA ScriptsCentral, Inc.
- Shelter House, Inc.
- The Arc of Northern Virginia
- Computer C.O.R.E.
Image via Fairfax County
The Vienna Town Council approved increasing a contract yesterday (Monday) for construction on the police department’s new station. The council agreed to allow up to $67,680 more in response to…
If someone wanted to take a bus from Tysons to Springfield right now, they would have to sit through dozens of stops to travel the roughly 15 miles from north…
Editor’s Note — With all 100 seats in Virginia’s House of Delegates on the ballot, Tysons Reporter is running Q&A-style profiles of the races in the Tysons area this week ahead of…
A federal judge in Alexandria agreed with legal arguments for two U.S. Park Police officers after they pursued a 25-year-old motorist in 2017 and fatally shot him in his Jeep….