Fairfax County recently created a map pinpointing local groups looking for donations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The map allows users to find nonprofits and organizations within a specific region of Fairfax County so they can help people within their own communities.
Users can search for charities by the proximity to an address or by clicking on one from the general geographic overview.
The charities listed on the website are accepting items including personal protective equipment, cleaning supplies, baby products and paper items, the page said. Throughout the county, 22,620 households are at or below the poverty level, according to the website.
Charities collecting monetary donations can be found on the webpage as well.
People can learn more about a charity by reading an overview from Volunteer Fairfax.
- The Shepherd’s Center of McLean-Arlington-Falls Church
- American Red Cross in the National Capital Region
- Blood Donor Services, Inova Health System
- McLean Bible Church
- Family Preservation and Strengthening Services (PASS)
- MK9s Service Dogs
- Second Story
- The Shepherd’s Center of Oakton-Vienna
- Falls Church-McLean Childrens Center
- Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) Administration
- Falls Church Community Service Council (FCS)
- New Hope Housing (NHH)
- Northern Virginia Dental Clinic, Inc.
- NOVA ScriptsCentral, Inc.
- Shelter House, Inc.
- The Arc of Northern Virginia
- Computer C.O.R.E.
Image via Fairfax County