The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tysons Reporter also complied a list of events to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
Wednesday (Feb. 12)
- Lovin’ Our Library Open House — 2 to 6 p.m. at The Mary Riley Styles Public Library (120 N. Virginia Ave) — This event invites people to play mini-golf through the adult fiction section and enjoy crafts for all ages in the children’s room. This event is free for the public.
Thursday (Feb. 13)
- 1Million Cups Fairfax 2 Year Anniversary — 6 to 9 p.m at Chima Steakhouse (8010 Towers Crescent Drive) — 1Million Cups, a networking opportunity for entrepreneurs, is hosting a dinner party. Appetizers will be complementary and a cash bar is available.
Friday (Feb. 14)
- Valentine’s Day Murder Mystery — 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Maggiano’s Little Italy (2001 International Drive) — Guests can enjoy a murder mystery party where they take part in a seated dinner and evening of activities. The tickets are $100 and include dinner and the event, which begins at 6 p.m.
- St. Valentine’s Day Release Party — 5 to 11:30 p.m. at Falls Church Distillers (442 S. Washington Street) — Falls Church Distillers is releasing their Churn Burn aged in habanero porter beer barrels. Attendees can enjoy live music and specials.
- Celtic Music Concert — 8 to 10 p.m. at Cherry Hills Farmhouse (223 Little Falls Street) — This event invites people to enjoy live Celtic music. Tickets are $15 ahead of time or $20 at the door.
Saturday (Feb. 15)
- $5 Comedy Night — 7 p.m. until midnight at The State Theatre (220 N. Washington Street) — This event will feature a variety of local talent. All are welcome but those under 18 need to be accompanied by a parent.
Photo via the City of Falls Church
The Fairfax County Government Center (staff photo by David Taube) With the 2022 elections now in the rearview mirror, five Fairfax County supervisors have already confirmed that they will be…
Fairfax County police are investigating a robbery scheme where fake gold jewelry is offered for cash (via FCPD) The Fairfax County Police Department is investigating a “cash for gold robbery…
Closed sign (via Tim Mossholder/Unsplash) With a high office and commercial vacancy rate and over 1,000 locals experiencing homelessness, Fairfax County is considering a zoning change that could use one…
Fairfax County Public Schools (file photo) Fairfax County Public Schools failed to give needed educational services to “thousands” of students with disabilities when it pivoted to virtual learning due to…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.