For today and tomorrow, Tysons Reporter will be counting down our most-read articles of 2019.
We’re kicking off the retrospective today with articles #11-20.
A series of new group homes by Newport Academy, a corporation that runs therapy programs treating teenagers with mental health or addiction problems, faced a backlash from residents at a meeting in April.
19. Whole Foods Picks New Space in Downtown Falls Church (6,165 views)
The grocery chain signed a lease in early November to anchor the redevelopment of the corner of E. Broad and N. Washington streets, according to Falls Church News-Press.
18. Danielle’s Desserts Closing at Tysons Galleria in August (6,258 views)
The Tysons Galleria bakery announced that it would close in August.
17. Fairfax County Considering Parking Space Reduction for Malls in Tysons (6,793 views)
In October, Fairfax County started to consider reducing its parking requirements for its largest malls in the county — the two in Tysons, Fair Oaks and Springfield Town Center. (Ultimately, the Board of Supervisors approved the change.)
16. Here’s When The Boro Developments Are Set to Start Opening (6,924 views)
In February, Tysons Reporter gave readers an update on when the residential and retail components of the new Tysons development would open their doors.
15. Here Are the Candidates Running in Fairfax County Races (7,243 views)
Ahead of the November election, Tysons Reporter created a short guide to the candidates running in the local races affecting Tysons residents and information on when and where to vote.
14. Three People Injured in Electrical Incident in Tysons (7,318 views)
Three workers were injured while installing a conduit box and more than a thousand people were without power along Greensboro Drive in Tysons one September afternoon after a contractor cut into energized cables.
13. Five Tysons-Area High Schools Make U.S. News’ Top Virginia Schools List (7,484 views)
Several public high schools in the Tysons-area, including Langley and McLean high schools, made the cut for U.S. News and World Report’s annual roundup of best high schools on the state and national levels.
12. Tysons Biergarten Closing Ahead of New ‘Shipgarten’ in Scotts Run (7,872 views)
The Tysons Biergarten announced its upcoming closure by the Greensboro Metro station. The owners behind the beer garden are planning to open a new concept called The Shipgarten at Scotts Run that is set to open in spring 2020.
11. Here’s the Latest on the Restaurants, Stores Coming to The Boro (8,187 views)
Another update in June told readers which retailers and restaurants were lined up to come to The Boro development.
Check back tomorrow for the countdown of the top 10 stories.
The weekend is almost here. Before you start scouring the land for spotted lanternflies or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit recent news from the Tysons area…
Autumn has arrived, and that means Vienna homeowners are about to shift from mowing their lawns to raking them. However, exactly when that transition will begin remains a little hazy….
The Fairfax County Planning Commission voted on Wednesday (Oct. 13) to advance the proposed Silverstone Senior Living facility at The Boro in Tysons. Plans for the senior housing call for the…
For anyone who feels strongly about whether or not Lee Highway and Lee-Jackson Memorial Highway should continue to bear those names, the time to share that opinion has arrived. The…