Tysons may not have the liveliest nightlife at the moment, but that could soon change as more late-night restaurants and places to hang out open. “Tysons After Dark” will highlight a different spot every week.
Today is National Pepperoni Pizza Day and to celebrate, Tysons Reporter has rounded up eateries and pizza chains in the area serving up pepperoni pies.
New York-style pizza fans are in luck — many of the pizzerias in the area offer that type.
Here’s a list of local pizza places and mostly regional chains that serve up pepperoni pizza options:
- Crust Pizzeria Napoletana (8415 Old Courthouse Road): The locally-owned restaurant serves up Neapolitan pizzas, including a pepperoni one with tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and fontina.
- Andy’s Pizza (2001 International Drive): Located in Tysons Galleria, Andy’s Pizza offers pepperoni pizza by the slice and whole pizza.
- Lost Dog Cafe (1690A Anderson Road): Known for its specialty sandwiches and dog-themed murals, the local cafe offers three gourmet pizzas with pepperoni — and diners also have their option to create their own.
- Paisano’s (8603 Westwood Center Drive): Diners have their choice between “Paisano’s Supreme” with pepperoni, sausage, ham, meatballs, onions, mushrooms and green peppers and “Meat Lovers ” with pepperoni, sausage, meatballs, ham and cheese. Paisano’s also offers a create-your-own option.
Some national chains in the area include:
- California Pizza Kitchen (7939 Tysons Corner Center, Suite L): The chain offers a variety of pizzas with pepperoni, like “The Works” with spicy Italian sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, mozzarella, red onions, green peppers, olives and wild Greek oregano or the “Mushroom Pepperoni Sausage” topped with everything in its name. Diners can choose from thin cust, regular crust and gluten-free options.
- Sbarro (1961 Chain Bridge Road): Based on the “original New York slice,” Sbarro serves up a pepperoni pie and stromboli.
- Famous Famiglia (1961 Chain Bridge Road): Don’t want a whole pizza? The Famous Famiglia chain offers pepperoni pizza by the slice, in addition to whole pizzas and pepperoni strombolis.
- Papa John’s (8501 Tyco Road, Suite 1A): Diners have until midnight to decide if they want a pepperoni or meatball pepperoni pizza from the chain at its Tysons location.
- Manhattan Pizza (8365 Leesburg Pike): Located along Leesburg Pike, the pizza place sells the “Brooklyn Meat Pie” with tomato sauce, pepperoni, Italian sausage, ham and meatballs and the “Manhattan Supreme” with tomato sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, Italian sausage, onions, green peppers and mushrooms.
- &pizza (1961 Chain Bridge Road): &pizza offers gluten-free and vegan dough options. While people can create their own pizzas, one of the popular pizzas there is the “American Honey” with spicy tomato, mozzarella, pepperoni, arugula, goat cheese, hot honey and red pepper flakes, according to the website.
- MOD Pizza (8350 Leesburg Pike): The newly opened eatery in Pike 7 Plaza offers artisan pizzas. The “Mad Dog” has mozzarella, pepperoni, mild sausage, ground beef and red sauce, while the “Tristan” has mozzarella, asiago, roasted red peppers, mushrooms and pesto.
Photo via Lost Dog Cafe/Facebook
A tractor-trailer caught fire on I-495 this afternoon (Wednesday), shutting down all southbound lanes at the Route 50 interchange in Merrifield. The fire appears to have sparked right as the…
Judges have named The Mather in Tysons, as the recipient of an Award of Merit for the 2022 Gold Nugget Awards, which honors architectural design and planning excellence from around…
This weekend, McLean got its first Fourth of July fireworks since the COVID-19 pandemic began in 2020 — only no one was around to see them. The McLean Community Center…
Caroline Edasis (left) and Marcy Maler guide Mather residents in Aging Well through vibrant and colorful creative arts programming. This biweekly column is sponsored by The Mather in Tysons, Virginia, a…