The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Thursday (Sept. 5)
- Falls Church Art Show –11 a.m.-6 p.m. at Falls Church Arts (700 W. Broad Street) — Local artists showcase their latest work at this annual event.
Friday (Sept. 6)
- Old Firehouse Family Movie Night — 7-9 p.m. at The Old Firehouse (1440 Chain Bridge Road) — This event gives families the chance to gather and watch Disney’s “Frozen.” Tickets are $3 per person, which includes unlimited popcorn.
- The Piano Guys — 8 p.m. at Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — The YouTube sensations will perform a live concert of their new album “Limitless.” Tickets are $38 and include a free download of the album.
Saturday (Sept. 7)
- Food For Others Tysons 5k and Fun Run — 8-10 a.m. at Tysons Corner Center Mall (1961 Chain Bridge Road) — This charity 5k invites participants to raise money for the hungry through Food for Others. Participants can purchase tickets for $35 beforehand and meet at the parking lot outside L.L.Bean on the day of the race.
Sunday (Sept. 8)
- Wolf Trap National Park Garden Tour — 10 a.m.-noon at Wolf Trap (1551 Trap Road) — This free event allows guests to tour the park in coordination with the National Parks Service.
- Uniquely Virginia Festival — noon-4 p.m. at the McLean Community Center (1234 Ingleside Avenue) — This festival features products created in northern Virginia. Admission is free and there will be live music and sample tastings.
Photo via Wolf Trap
A solar panel array has been proposed on the future HITT Contracting headquarters building at Virginia Tech’s Idylwood campus (via Fairfax County) A massive array of solar panels could provide…
The Fairfax County Government Center building (staff photo by David Taube) Local officials are already preparing for “one of the most challenging” budget talks in years due to inflation, the…
Jason’s Deli will close its Idylwood Plaza location in December (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Jason’s Deli will close up shop for good next month after more than a decade…
Wolftrap Creek in fall (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Route 7 Lane Shift in Reston Starts Today — “On or about Tuesday, Nov. 29, the right-turn lane from eastbound Route…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.