The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Thursday (Sept. 5)
- Falls Church Art Show –11 a.m.-6 p.m. at Falls Church Arts (700 W. Broad Street) — Local artists showcase their latest work at this annual event.
Friday (Sept. 6)
- Old Firehouse Family Movie Night — 7-9 p.m. at The Old Firehouse (1440 Chain Bridge Road) — This event gives families the chance to gather and watch Disney’s “Frozen.” Tickets are $3 per person, which includes unlimited popcorn.
- The Piano Guys — 8 p.m. at Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — The YouTube sensations will perform a live concert of their new album “Limitless.” Tickets are $38 and include a free download of the album.
Saturday (Sept. 7)
- Food For Others Tysons 5k and Fun Run — 8-10 a.m. at Tysons Corner Center Mall (1961 Chain Bridge Road) — This charity 5k invites participants to raise money for the hungry through Food for Others. Participants can purchase tickets for $35 beforehand and meet at the parking lot outside L.L.Bean on the day of the race.
Sunday (Sept. 8)
- Wolf Trap National Park Garden Tour — 10 a.m.-noon at Wolf Trap (1551 Trap Road) — This free event allows guests to tour the park in coordination with the National Parks Service.
- Uniquely Virginia Festival — noon-4 p.m. at the McLean Community Center (1234 Ingleside Avenue) — This festival features products created in northern Virginia. Admission is free and there will be live music and sample tastings.
Photo via Wolf Trap
Kids explore the Red Caboose in Vienna (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Vienna Featured Live on TV Right Now — “Lights. Camera. Action! Tune into the @fox5dc Zip Trip LIVE from…
The American Legion Bridge into Maryland (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) If you find trips on the Capital Beltway into Maryland nightmarish now, imagine what they would be like without…
A Vienna Police car on Mill Street (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Town of Vienna Police Department will once again usher in summer with a hardline approach to stop…
The Mosaic District will hold its second annual Pride Parade this Saturday (via Mosaic District/Twitter) Pride Month starts today (June 1), and opportunities to celebrate in Fairfax County extend through…