Labor Day is coming up on Monday (Sept. 2). For people staying in the Tysons area for the holiday weekend, some government facilities will be closed and public transit options will be operating on modified schedules.
Tysons Reporter has rounded up a list of public services that will be affected by the upcoming holiday.
- All county offices, schools and libraries will be closed on Labor Day.
- The State Courts will be closed for the day.
- The Metrobus and Metrorail will adopt a Sunday schedule for Labor Day and resume typical service on Tuesday.
- The Fairfax Connector will operate on a Sunday schedule for Labor Day.
- The Metrorail will operate on a Sunday schedule from 8 a.m.-11 p.m. on Labor Day. Normal service will resume Tuesday (Sept. 3).
- Fairfax County Neighborhood and Community Services will be closed from Saturday (Aug. 31) until Monday (Sept. 2).
- United States Postal Service offices will be closed Labor Day.
- The Vienna Community Center will have reduced hours on Labor Day from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- The Town of Vienna’s government offices will be closed Labor Day.
- The McLean Community Center will be closed on Labor Day.
- The City of Falls Church’s government offices and buildings will be closed Labor Day.
- The City Council Work Session, originally scheduled for Monday, will be moved to Tuesday (Sept. 3) at 7:30 p.m. in the Community Center (223 Little Falls Street).
- The Mary Riley Styles Public Library will be closed on Sunday (Sept. 1) and Monday (Sept. 2).
- Falls Church Community Center will be closed for cleaning until Tuesday (Sept. 3).
Speaking of closed offices, Tysons Reporter will be on a break as well on Monday.