Labor Day is coming up on Monday (Sept. 2). For people staying in the Tysons area for the holiday weekend, some government facilities will be closed and public transit options will be operating on modified schedules.
Tysons Reporter has rounded up a list of public services that will be affected by the upcoming holiday.
- All county offices, schools and libraries will be closed on Labor Day.
- The State Courts will be closed for the day.
- The Metrobus and Metrorail will adopt a Sunday schedule for Labor Day and resume typical service on Tuesday.
- The Fairfax Connector will operate on a Sunday schedule for Labor Day.
- Fairfax County Neighborhood and Community Services will be closed from Saturday (Aug. 31) until Monday (Sept. 2).
- United States Postal Service offices will be closed Labor Day.
- The Vienna Community Center will have reduced hours on Labor Day from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- The Town of Vienna’s government offices will be closed Labor Day.
- The McLean Community Center will be closed on Labor Day.
- The City of Falls Church’s government offices and buildings will be closed Labor Day.
- The City Council Work Session, originally scheduled for Monday, will be moved to Tuesday (Sept. 3) at 7:30 p.m. in the Community Center (223 Little Falls Street).
- The Mary Riley Styles Public Library will be closed on Sunday (Sept. 1) and Monday (Sept. 2).
- Falls Church Community Center will be closed for cleaning until Tuesday (Sept. 3).
Speaking of closed offices, Tysons Reporter will be on a break as well on Monday.
The D.C. area’s first-ever Winter Lantern Festival is coming to Lerner Town Square at Tysons II (courtesy Kaleido Arts & Entertainment Group) Thousands of lanterns will take over Lerner Town…
Fairfax County Public Schools Fairfax County Public Schools could require parental notifications for class materials deemed sexually explicit, but in a deviation from the state, the proposed policy directly addresses…
The Koons Chevy auto dealership at 2000 Chain Bridge Road (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The developer behind Reston Station and Herndon’s stalled downtown redevelopment has turned its sights to…
A man walks by trash bins next to the curb (via Trinity Nguyen on Unsplash) (Updated at 1:25 p.m.) The service and staffing challenges plaguing trash collectors throughout Fairfax County…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.