The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (Aug. 20)
- Tysons Comedy Regional Showcase — 7-9 p.m. at Tysons Biergarten (8346 Leesburg Pike) — This free event brings local comedians to the stage for an evening of laughter. There will be happy hour specials until 9 p.m.
Wednesday (Aug. 21)
- Quarterly Fit Club: Powerwave by Crunch Fitness — 5:30-6:30 p.m. at Tysons Corner Center (The Plaza) — This free workout invites everyone to try a bodyweight and rope exercise class. Equipment is provided.
- Charity Guest Bartender Event — 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Tysons Biergarten (8346 Leesburg Pike) — All tips and a portion of the sales will be donated to Second Story — Tysons Partnership’s charity partner for the Tysons Tailgate. The goal is to raise $1,000. Some of the guest bartenders will include Dranesville District Supervisor John Foust and Borzou from The Falcon Lab.
Thursday (Aug. 22)
- Big Screen on the Green: Disney’s “Moana” — 7:30 p.m. at Town Green (144 E. Maple Avenue) — The Town of Vienna will host a free movie for the community along with popcorn. They invite attendees to bring lawn chairs or blankets.
- Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals — 7:30 p.m. at Wolf Trap (1551 Trap Road) — Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals combine blues, soul, reggae and rock while Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue will bring funky jazz rhythms. Tickets are $35.
Saturday (Aug. 24)
- Maggiano’s Back To School Little Chef’s Cooking Class — 8:30 a.m. at Maggiano’s Little Italy (2001 International Drive) — This event invites families to learn how to make back to school snacks, including an Italian grilled cheese, while interacting with chiefs from the restaurant. Tickets are $25, but free for parents with their kids.
- All ’80s All Night — 7:30 p.m. at The Palladium (1524 Spring Hill Road, Suite LM) — This free event will feature an ’80s themed DJ dance party. Prizes will be given to attendees with the best ’80s outfit.
Sunday (Aug. 25)
- AIR at Tysons Biergarten — 8 p.m. at Tysons Biergarten (8346 Leesburg Pike) — Tysons Biergarten will host an outdoor DJ and dance party featuring current hits from across the world. There will be drinks, food and hookah. Tickets are $5 beforehand or $10 at the door.
The weekend is almost here. Before you peek into the spirit realm or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit recent news from the Tysons area that you…
The Fairfax County Department of Transportation has extended the Oct. 18 deadline for its community survey on proposed changes to bus service in Centreville, Chantilly, Vienna, Tysons, and neighboring areas,…
Portales Aloso waited an hour on Tuesday (Oct. 19) for a Metro train from Reston into D.C. The wait on Wednesday was 20 minutes. He was among countless commuters in…
Luxury electric vehicle manufacturer Lucid Motors passed a crucial step yesterday (Wednesday) toward getting its first service and delivery center in the D.C. area. The company is seeking to open…