The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (July 16)
- Weird Al Yankovic with National Symphony Orchestra — 8-11 p.m. at Wolf Trap (1551 Trap Road) — Grammy-award winning parody artist Weird Al Yankovic will be performing at Wolf Trap with the National Symphony Orchestra. Tickets are $40 with roughly 100 remaining.
Wednesday (July 17)
- Pizza for Pets — 11 a.m.-10 p.m. at Ledo Pizza (141 Park Street SE) — All day in Vienna, 10 percent of the proceeds from any purchase at Ledo Pizza will go to supporting the nonprofit Frankie’s Friends and Hope Advanced Veterinary Center.
- Mars and Whisky — 6-9 p.m. at Inca Social (2670 Avenir Place) — The recently opened Inca Social in Merrifield is hosting a book talk with Ancient Aliens guest George Haas, who is the co-author of The Cydonia Codex: Reflections From Mars. The book talk will be followed by a Catoctin Creek Rye whiskey tasting and raffle.
- “Princess Mononoke” — 7 p.m. at Angelika Film Center (2911 District Avenue) — Angelika in the Mosaic District is hosting a screening of the 1997 Studio Ghibli classic “Princess Mononoke.” Tickets are $14.50. The Wednesday show is in Japanese with English subtitles, while the Thursday screening is the English dub.
Thursday (July 18)
- Virginia Tire and Auto Grand Opening — 5-7 p.m. at Virginia Tire and Auto (141 W. Maple Avenue) — The recently opened Virginia Tire and Auto is hosting a celebration featuring autographs from Washington Redskins player Ryan Kerrigan. Free food, drinks and activities will also be provided.
- Sheryl Crow at Wolf Trap — 8-11 p.m. at Wolf Trap (1551 Trap Road) — “Soak Up the Sun” country-rock artist Sheryl Crow is performing at Wolf Trap. Tickets are $45 and the only ones left are on the lawn, so attendees are encouraged to get them quickly.
Friday (July 19)
- Silhouette Artist at Mosaic District — by appointment at Wee Chic (2905 District Avenue, Suite 120) — Childrens’ clothing boutique Wee Chic will have silhouette artist Keith Donaldson at the store to create hand-cut artwork. Appointments are required and kids of all ages are welcome. Two matted copies are $40 and additional copies of the same child are $10.
Sunday (July 21)
- Woman’s Flat Tire Repair Class — 9-11 a.m. at REI (8209 Watson Street) — REI is hosting a flat tire repair class specifically for female cyclists. The class is aimed at teaching women everything they need to know to change a tire and reduce the chances of a repeat flat. Attendees are invited to bring their own busted tire or work on one provided by REI.
Image via Amazon
Kids explore the Red Caboose in Vienna (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Vienna Featured Live on TV Right Now — “Lights. Camera. Action! Tune into the @fox5dc Zip Trip LIVE from…
The American Legion Bridge into Maryland (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) If you find trips on the Capital Beltway into Maryland nightmarish now, imagine what they would be like without…
A Vienna Police car on Mill Street (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Town of Vienna Police Department will once again usher in summer with a hardline approach to stop…
The Mosaic District will hold its second annual Pride Parade this Saturday (via Mosaic District/Twitter) Pride Month starts today (June 1), and opportunities to celebrate in Fairfax County extend through…