The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Monday (July 1)
- Laughs in The Lobby Bar — 5-8 p.m. at The Lobby Bar (227 E. Maple Avenue) — A free comedy open mic will take place at the bar in Jammin’ Java.
Tuesday (July 2)
- “The Cat Returns” — 7 p.m. at Angelika Film Center & Café at Mosaic (2911 District Avenue) — The anime movie follows a schoolgirl’s journey into a feline world. Tickets cost $14.50.
Wednesday (July 3)
- Women’s World Cup — 3-5 p.m. at Strawberry Park (2910 District Avenue) — People can watch the semifinal game featuring Netherlands vs. Sweden for free starting at 3 p.m. in the park in the Mosaic District.
- Jackson Browne — 8 p.m. at the Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — The singer-songwriter from the 1970s is coming to Wolf Trap. Tickets start at $45.
Saturday (July 6)
- Help Meow-t! Cat Adoption — 1-4 p.m. at Loyal Companion (2905 District Avenue) — The Lost Dog and Cat Rescue Foundation is hosting an on-the-spot cat adoption event.
- Sean Chuyn at Caboose Commons — 1-4 p.m. at Caboose Commons (2918 Eskridge Road) — D.C.-area musician Sean Chuyn will perform live music at the beer garden and coffee house.
- Athena Styles Patio Pop Up — 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Famille (700A W. Broad Street) — Outside on the Famille patio, an Athena Styles pop-up shop will sell handmade jewelry, accessories and gifts.
Sunday (July 7)
- Summer Sunday Concerts in the Park with Dupont Brass — 5 p.m. at the McLean Central Park Gazebo (1468 Dolley Madison Blvd) — The free concert series continues with a “new” brass band playing everything from songs by Miles Davis to Jay-Z. Free parking will be at the McLean Community Center or the Dolley Madison Library.
- Josh Groban — 8 p.m. at the Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — The singer, songwriter and actor is coming to Wolf Trap during his Bridges Tour. Tickets start at $42.
- AIR [An Outdoor Experience] — 8-11 p.m. at Tysons Biergarten (8346 Leesburg Pike) — Every Sunday this summer, the beer hall has dancing, DJing, food, hookah and drinks. Tickets cost $5 for early bird registration or $10 at the door.
Last week, Tysons Reporter rounded up a list of local Fourth of July events.
Photo via Sean Chuyn Music/Facebook