The Weekly Planner is a roundup of the most interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
Tuesday (April 9)
- Free Cone Day — 12-8 p.m. at Ben & Jerry’s (136 Maple Avenue W) — The Vienna Ben & Jerry’s is hosting a Free Cone Day in partnership with local nonprofit The Committee for Helping Others. Anyone who comes in for free ice cream can donate to the group.
- Solarize Community Forum — 7:30 p.m. at Vienna Town Hall (127 Center Street S) — Local residents and business owners are invited out to a discussion with Solarize NoVa on the economics behind going solar.
Wednesday (April 10)
- Open House Tasting — 5-6 p.m. at Bards Alley (110 Church Street NW) — The Bard’s Alley bookstore in Vienna is hosting an open house testing with local vendors offering a selection of soups, hummus, desserts and more. Drink specials will also be on offer. The event is free to attend with no reservation required.
Thursday (April 11)
- Columbine 20 Years Later — 7:30-9 p.m. at Westbriar Elementary (1741 Pine Valley Drive) — Moms Demand Action’s Virginia chapter is hosting a retrospective on the Columbine shooting. Two women who lived through the experience, a teenager at the school and a local psychologist, are scheduled to discuss their experiences and take a look at what’s changed since then.
Friday (April 12)
- Film Distribution and Finance Seminar — 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at Angelika Film Center (2911 District Ave) — The NOVA Fest and Capital Film Market are hosting a seminar for people interested in getting involved in the movie-making business. Agents will be on hand to talk about how people with films or scripts they’re looking to sell can connect with the right producers. Tickets are $26.
- Family Flashlight Egg Hunt — 7:30 p.m. at Glyndon Park (300 Glyndon Street NE) — Bring a flashlight and a basket for Vienna’s evening egg hunt. The hunt starts at dark, with a visit by the Easter Bunny at 8 p.m. Tickets are $3 per child with a limit of six per family.
Saturday (April 13)
- Record Store Day — 9 a.m.-9:30 p.m. at Records and Rarities in Tysons Corner Center — Records and Rarities is hosting “Record Store Day”, a celebration with 10 percent off all used vinyl, free coffee and cinnamon buns, and several prizes and giveaways. The line is planned to start at 7:30 a.m. outside the store.
- Masters’ Putt-Pong Tournament — 12-2 p.m. at Brandbox in Tysons Corner Center — Chubbie’s is hosting a two-on-two putt-pong tournament. The game is a riff on party classic beer-pong, but with golf accouterment. All participants will receive a free cooler bag and $5 off any casual stretch shorts. The tournament is the first of a series of events at the mall’s BrandBox events.
- The Last Bison and Broke Royals — 8 p.m. at Jammin Java (227 Maple Ave E) — Indie folk band The Last Bison is scheduled to perform at Jammin’ Java. Tickets are $15 for general admission or $25 for premier tickets.
Sunday (April 14)
- Sesame Street Sing-a-Long — 11:15 a.m.-12 p.m. at Nordstrom Tysons Corner Center (8075 Tysons Corner Center) — Sesame Street Live — a show coming to the Eagle Bank Arena in Fairfax on May 4 — is hosting a free show at the Tysons Corner Center Nordstrom. Attendees can also save $5 on the main show in May.
- Paint for Pups and Kitties — 12-2:15 p.m. at Muse Paintbar (2920 District Avenue) — A paint and sip event at the Muse Paintbar in the Mosaic District will raise money for City Dogs Rescue and City Cats. Tickets are $45.
Photo via Facebook