The Tysons Corner Center ice skating rink won’t be coming back this year, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t still options to put on those skates and hit the ice.
Ranked by proximity to the Tysons Corner Center, site of the former rink, these are your skating alternatives throughout the region:
- SkateQuest (1800 Michael Faraday Ct) — An indoor ice-skating rink 8 miles/12 minutes away in Reston. The skating rink offers public skating sessions over the weekends and during lunch on Wednesday and Friday. SkateQuest also has various types of skating classes and pick-up hockey games Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
- Fairfax Ice Arena (3779 Pickett Road) — An 8 mile/15 minute drive south of Tysons.
- MedStar Capitals Iceplex (627 N Glebe Rd) — An 8 mile/15 minute drive to Arlington’s Ballston neighborhood, though that time estimate could vary considerably with traffic on I-66. Like SkateQuest, the rink offers public skating on weekends as well as pick-up hockey games.
- Reston Town Center Ice Skating Pavilion (1818 Discovery St) — A 10 mile/13 minute drive from Tysons to Reston Town Center, if you’re willing to take the Dulles Toll Road. This is the closest choice for those looking for the outdoor plaza skating experience.
- Pentagon Row Outdoor Ice Skating (1201 S Joyce St) — A 13 mile/20 minute drive from Tysons, this Arlington ice skating rink bills itself as the largest outdoor rink in Northern Virginia and the second largest rink in the state.
Photo via Facebook
Fairfax County residents looking for a new Christmas tree should still be able to find an evergreen for the holiday — for now. Four Seasons Flower Market (6808 Elm Street)…
Starbucks will not reopen at the Capital One headquarters in Tysons. The coffee shop at 1610 Capital One Drive North has been closed for much of the past year during…
Employees of small businesses can receive a $500 holiday bonus from the Return to Earn Initiative, as it continues to help the unemployed transition back into the workforce.
A task force of nearly 30 people has recommended renaming two highways in Fairfax County, following concerns that their invocation of the Confederacy runs counter to the county’s goal of…