Cubicles are out. Coworking is in.
Coworking is a well-established trend in office spaces, packing a number of different companies into a single office space. It’s popular with both tiny startups — which no longer have to occupy garages and dining room tables — and large firms seeking a local presence. The advantages include flexible terms, the ability to upgrade to larger spaces as your company grows, and common area amenities.
The king of coworking, WeWork, has a location in Tysons, as does traditional real estate players Regus and Carr. But some smaller, specialized coworking spaces are scattered through the area as well.
Like we did for apartments in Tysons, we’ve put together a list of coworking spaces available in the area.
- WeWork (1775 Tysons Blvd) — prices range from $350 per month for a desk to 21-50 seat offices at $12,100 per month.
- MakeOffices (1751 Pinnacle Dr, 6th floor) — prices start at $300 per month for shared spaces to $600 or more for private offices.
- Chisel (1751 Pinnacle Dr, 10th floor) — A coworking space specifically for lawyers, prices range from $300 for a desk to $1,400 for a furnished office.
- Play, Work or Dash (8214 Old Courthouse Rd) — A coworking space that also offers childcare; prices and access to childcare facilities vary with membership levels.
- Metro Offices (1765 Greensboro Station) — A regional coworking space, prices range from $300 for a dedicated desk to $800 or more for private offices.
- Regus (2010 Corporate Ridge) — prices range from day-to-day options to longer-term plans.
- Carr Workplaces (1750 Tysons Blvd) — prices range from $35 per month for an unreserved seat in a common area to several hundred dollars or more for a reserved office.
- Office Evolution (8609 Westwood Center Dr) — prices range from $349 per month for a dedicated desk to $860 for a private office.
- Source Office Suites (1420 Spring Hill Rd) — prices are unavailable online, but information on available suites can be requested online.
- Intelligent Office (1934 Old Gallows Rd) — price quotes are available online.
Fairfax County Courthouse (staff photo by Jay Westcott) A woman who shot and killed her mother and sister at their shared home in McLean six years ago has been convicted…
A car in the I-66 Express Lanes approaches the Dunn Loring Metro station (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) McLean Woman Sentenced for Fatally Shooting Daughters — “Prosecutors said [Veronica] Youngblood…
It’s going to be a cold and rainy weekend in Fairfax County, thanks to Tropical Storm Ophelia. Tracking to make landfall in North Carolina today (Friday), the storm is expected to reach Northern Virginia tonight.
Alo Yoga is one of three clothing stores to open in Tysons Galleria this September (courtesy Alo Yoga) Tysons Galleria’s commitment to serving up high-end retail continues with the recent…