Cubicles are out. Coworking is in.
Coworking is a well-established trend in office spaces, packing a number of different companies into a single office space. It’s popular with both tiny startups — which no longer have to occupy garages and dining room tables — and large firms seeking a local presence. The advantages include flexible terms, the ability to upgrade to larger spaces as your company grows, and common area amenities.
The king of coworking, WeWork, has a location in Tysons, as does traditional real estate players Regus and Carr. But some smaller, specialized coworking spaces are scattered through the area as well.
Like we did for apartments in Tysons, we’ve put together a list of coworking spaces available in the area.
- WeWork (1775 Tysons Blvd) — prices range from $350 per month for a desk to 21-50 seat offices at $12,100 per month.
- MakeOffices (1751 Pinnacle Dr, 6th floor) — prices start at $300 per month for shared spaces to $600 or more for private offices.
- Chisel (1751 Pinnacle Dr, 10th floor) — A coworking space specifically for lawyers, prices range from $300 for a desk to $1,400 for a furnished office.
- Play, Work or Dash (8214 Old Courthouse Rd) — A coworking space that also offers childcare; prices and access to childcare facilities vary with membership levels.
- Metro Offices (1765 Greensboro Station) — A regional coworking space, prices range from $300 for a dedicated desk to $800 or more for private offices.
- Regus (2010 Corporate Ridge) — prices range from day-to-day options to longer-term plans.
- Carr Workplaces (1750 Tysons Blvd) — prices range from $35 per month for an unreserved seat in a common area to several hundred dollars or more for a reserved office.
- Office Evolution (8609 Westwood Center Dr) — prices range from $349 per month for a dedicated desk to $860 for a private office.
- Source Office Suites (1420 Spring Hill Rd) — prices are unavailable online, but information on available suites can be requested online.
- Intelligent Office (1934 Old Gallows Rd) — price quotes are available online.
The clock is ticking for Fairfax County and the D.C. region to adopt a new transportation plan aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions. This past June, the National Capital Region…
Giant Food in Vienna (via Google Maps) A man who allegedly fired a gun during a family dispute in the parking lot of Vienna’s Giant Food has been arrested, the…
Inova workers who helped administer Covid vaccines, including for school employees, will be among those honored by Fairfax County (photo by Karen Bolt/Fairfax County Public Schools) As work gets underway…
Inside Fairfax City Regional Library (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fire Department Gets Grant for Cancer Screenings — The Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department recently got a $450,000 grant…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.