The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean, and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Monday, Feb. 7
- FCA Artist Cafe and Critique — Noon-2 p.m. at Falls Church Arts Gallery (700-B West Broad St.) — Join Falls Church Arts for its monthly discussion and critique group. Attendees must be fully vaccinated and wear a mask.
Tuesday, Feb. 8
- Make 3 Valentine Cards Take and Make — 10 a.m.-9 p.m. at Tysons-Pimmit Regional Library (7584 Leesburg Pike) — Kids ages 3 to 6 can make and exchange Valentine’s Day cards all day.
- On Deck with Mercury — 6-7 p.m. at Foster’s Grille (138-A Maple Ave. W) — Per the Vienna Happenings newsletter, Town Manager Mercury Payton and the town’s finance staff will discuss the budget and fiscal forecast for the coming year at this monthly community forum.
- Black Falls Church & Fairfax County — 7-8 p.m. at Tysons-Pimmit Regional Library — Learn about local Black history from Tinner Hill Heritage Foundation founder and director Edwin Henderson. Registration is required.
Wednesday, Feb. 9
- Cary Morin, Jay Bird — 7:30 p.m. at Jammin Java (227 Maple Ave. East) — A guitarist-singer-songwriter show features Morin’s Native Americana folk-rock and Bird’s Americana bents. Cost is $15. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 10
- Solace Outpost Trivia Night Thursdays! — 7-9 p.m. at Solace Outpost (444 W. Broad St.) — Pour House Trivia brings its Thursday night game to this Falls Church brewery. Repeats on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Friday, Feb. 11
- Epidemics of the Past — 10-11 a.m. at Historic Huntley (6918 Harrison Lane) — Learn about how past epidemics transformed society while taking in a scenic view from this 19th century villa in Huntley Meadows Park. Register in advance for the program, which costs $8.
- Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus Live! — 8 p.m. at Capital One Hall (7750 Capital One Tower Road) — A one-man comedic performance, featuring theatre, stand-up and vignettes, embodies the differences between sexes. Tickets start at $64.
Saturday, Feb. 12
- Tysons Camp and Activities Expo — 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at Tysons Corner Center (1961 Chain Bridge Rd.) — Families can find summer camp and activity options at this annual expo where they can meet staff from local and sleepaway programs. The free event will be set up in Fashion Court near Macy’s.
- Multigenerational Bingo — 3-4 p.m. at Dolley Madison Library (1244 Oak Ridge Ave.) — Kids, teens and adults can compete for prizes. Registration is highly recommended.
Sunday, Feb. 13
- Beau Soir Ensemble — 2 p.m. at the McLean Community Center (1234 Ingleside Ave.) — A flute, viola and harp trio brings together classical and diverse sounds. Cost is $5 for MCC district residents and $10 for others.
Kids explore the Red Caboose in Vienna (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Vienna Featured Live on TV Right Now — “Lights. Camera. Action! Tune into the @fox5dc Zip Trip LIVE from…
The American Legion Bridge into Maryland (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) If you find trips on the Capital Beltway into Maryland nightmarish now, imagine what they would be like without…
A Vienna Police car on Mill Street (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Town of Vienna Police Department will once again usher in summer with a hardline approach to stop…
The Mosaic District will hold its second annual Pride Parade this Saturday (via Mosaic District/Twitter) Pride Month starts today (June 1), and opportunities to celebrate in Fairfax County extend through…