The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean, and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday, Feb. 1
- Trivia Tuesdays — 7-9 p.m. at Audacious Aleworks Brewery & Taproom (110 E Fairfax Street) — Bring your team together for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to the brewery and more.
Wednesday, Feb. 2
- Sam Bush, Mike Marshall Edgar Meyer, George Meyer — 8 p.m. at The Barns (1635 Trap Road) at Wolf Trap — Bluegrass and classical musical acts merge in this special combination. Tickets start at $77. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. The show repeats on Thursday.
Thursday, Feb. 3
- Brien Live — 8 p.m. at Jammin Java (227 Maple Ave. East) — Hip hop artist Brien, joined with alternative beats from Non Pareil, TJ the Artist and Keith Anthoni. Cost is $15. Doors open at 7 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 4
- Talk Back, Look Forward — 7:30-9 p.m. at McLean Community Center (1234 Ingleside Ave.) — Celebrate Black History Month with a discussion panel featuring the director and subjects of the “Traveling While Black” virtual reality experience, which looks at how racism has limited African Americans’ movement. The event is free, but registration is required.
- Ana Popović — 8 p.m. at The Barns (1635 Trap Road) at Wolf Trap — Bluegrass guitarist shares her fiery style that’s graced the stage with B.B. King, Gary Clark Jr. and many more. Tickets start at $30. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 5
- Lunar New Year Celebration — 1-3 p.m. at Fashion Court near Nordstrom’s at Tysons Corner Center (1961 Chain Bridge Road) — In celebration of Lunar New Year, which is Feb. 1, the mall is partnering with the Asian American Chamber of Commerce on this event, which will feature dance and musical performances as well as prizes.
- Mostly Hits and The Mrs. — 8 p.m. at Capital One Hall (7750 Capital One Tower Road) — Months after the Tysons venue announced their show, Country music stalwart Clint Black (“Killin’ Time,” “Same Old Train,” “When I Said I Do”) and his wife, fellow singer and actress Lisa Hartman Black, make their debut. Tickets start at $39.50. Doors open at 7 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 6
- The Music School Open Mic — 12 p.m. at Jammin Java (227 Maple Ave. East) — Show off your skills at this Vienna venue. Free.
The National Weather Service has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch in Fairfax County. The watch went into effect at 3:07 p.m. and is expected to last until 7 p.m. this…
Independence Day weekend is almost here. Before you prepare for the oncoming barrage of fireworks or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news…
While it won’t be quiet around Fairfax County on Monday with Fourth of July celebrations, many government offices and facilities will be closed. Government offices, and some businesses, are closed…
Two D.C. residents have been arrested and charged with armed robbery after allegedly driving a man around and robbing him at gunpoint on April 9, the Town of Vienna Police…