Presidents Day is just around the corner on Monday (Feb. 15), and the federal holiday will bring a few closures of public buildings in the Tysons area.
Fairfax County Government:
- County government offices will be closed on Feb. 15.
Fairfax County Courts:
- The Fairfax Circuit, General District, and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District courts will be closed all day on Feb. 15.
Town of Vienna
- Town offices and the community center will be closed.
- The holiday will not affect waste collection. Residents scheduled for pick-up on Mondays can place their waste by the curb as normal.
City of Falls Church:
- All city offices and services, including City Hall and the Mary Riley Styles Public Library, will be closed. The community center will be closed except for scheduled evening basketball clinics. The city council’s work session has been rescheduled for 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 16.
- Fairfax County Public Schools will be closed, and there will be no meal distribution services on Presidents’ Day.
County Libraries, Recreation Centers, Parks:
- All Fairfax County library branches will be closed.
- All Fairfax County RECenters will operate at their regular hours.
- Colvin Run Mill and Sully Historic Site will be closed on Feb. 15.
- The E.C. Lawrence, Hidden Oaks, Hidden Pond, and Huntley Meadows nature centers as well as the Riverbend Park visitor center will be open from noon until 4 p.m. on Feb. 15.
- The McLean Community Center will be closed Feb. 15.
- Connector buses will operate on a Holiday weekday service plan. Check the link for details on specific routes.
- WMATA Metrorail service will operate from 7 a.m.-11 p.m. on Saturday, from 8 a.m.-11 p.m. on Sunday, and from 5 a.m.-11 p.m. on Monday.
- WMATA Metrobus will operate on a Saturday service schedule.
County Trash and Recycling:
- There will be no change in the county’s trash and recycling collection, but Fairfax County Public Works and Environmental Services administrative offices will closed.
- The recycling and disposal centers at the I-66 Transfer Station and I-95 Landfill Complex will be open.
Photo by Lucas Sankey via Unsplash
The weekend is almost here. Before you start scouring the land for spotted lanternflies or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit recent news from the Tysons area…
Autumn has arrived, and that means Vienna homeowners are about to shift from mowing their lawns to raking them. However, exactly when that transition will begin remains a little hazy….
The Fairfax County Planning Commission voted on Wednesday (Oct. 13) to advance the proposed Silverstone Senior Living facility at The Boro in Tysons. Plans for the senior housing call for the…
For anyone who feels strongly about whether or not Lee Highway and Lee-Jackson Memorial Highway should continue to bear those names, the time to share that opinion has arrived. The…