The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Monday (Nov. 16)
- Light Up McLean Holiday Decorating Contest — (Nov. 16 – Dec. 9) — The Light Up McLean Holiday Decorating Competition is your opportunity to show off your home in all its holiday splendor, the website says. The competition is open to the first 15 registered households. To register, use this link.
- Monday Game Challenge (Online) — 3:30-6:30 p.m. — During this event hosted by the McLean Community Center, participants will play Call of Duty: Warzone. To register, use this link.
Tuesday (Nov. 17)
- Affordable Housing Community Conversation (Online) — 7 p.m. — Falls Church residents will have a conversation about affordable housing, featuring a panel of local experts on social equity, the website says. The conversation will take place via Zoom. Email Pete Sullivan, [email protected], to register.
Wednesday (Nov. 18)
- Turkey in Trouble Crafternoon (Online) — 3-3:3o p.m. — Join the Mary Riley Styles Public Library on Facebook to talk about camouflage and strategies to keep turkey from being eaten. Craft kits are available for pick up at MRSPL (120 N. Virginia Ave.) through Nov. 24. The craft video will remain on the MRSPL Facebook page in the Crafternoon playlist.
- Virtual Improv Show (Online) — 7 p.m.– The Alden‘s professional teen improv company, The Unruly Theatre Project, is dedicated to bringing comedic productions to the community, the website says. To register, use this link.
Friday (Nov. 20)
- Photos with Santa (Nov. 20 – Dec. 24) — 12-8 p.m. at Tysons Corner Center (1961 Chain Bridge Road) — Santa will be in Tysons Corner Center’s Fashion Court at the intersection of the Nordstrom and Bloomingdale wings starting Nov. 20, the website says. A visit with Santa will be free, and photo packages will be available for purchase.
- Mayor’s Walk — 9:30 a.m. at Vienna Town Hall (127 Center St. S.) — Enjoy a chat and stroll through the Town of Vienna with Mayor Linda Colbert, the website says.
- Virtual Family Fun Night (Online) — 7-9 p.m. — Gather the whole family around the computer or tablet and get ready for some socially distant trivia, according to the McLean Community Center website. The cost is $5 for resident families and $8 for non-resident families. To register, use this link.
Photo via DrZ/Unsplash
The Fairfax County Government Center building (staff photo by David Taube) Local officials are already preparing for “one of the most challenging” budget talks in years due to inflation, the…
Jason’s Deli will close its Idylwood Plaza location in December (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Jason’s Deli will close up shop for good next month after more than a decade…
Wolftrap Creek in fall (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Route 7 Lane Shift in Reston Starts Today — “On or about Tuesday, Nov. 29, the right-turn lane from eastbound Route…
Students at West Potomac High School walked out in September to protest Virginia’s proposed policies on the treatment of transgender students (photo courtesy of Mara Surovell) The Virginia Department of…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.