The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Monday (Nov. 16)
- Light Up McLean Holiday Decorating Contest — (Nov. 16 – Dec. 9) — The Light Up McLean Holiday Decorating Competition is your opportunity to show off your home in all its holiday splendor, the website says. The competition is open to the first 15 registered households. To register, use this link.
- Monday Game Challenge (Online) — 3:30-6:30 p.m. — During this event hosted by the McLean Community Center, participants will play Call of Duty: Warzone. To register, use this link.
Tuesday (Nov. 17)
- Affordable Housing Community Conversation (Online) — 7 p.m. — Falls Church residents will have a conversation about affordable housing, featuring a panel of local experts on social equity, the website says. The conversation will take place via Zoom. Email Pete Sullivan, [email protected], to register.
Wednesday (Nov. 18)
- Turkey in Trouble Crafternoon (Online) — 3-3:3o p.m. — Join the Mary Riley Styles Public Library on Facebook to talk about camouflage and strategies to keep turkey from being eaten. Craft kits are available for pick up at MRSPL (120 N. Virginia Ave.) through Nov. 24. The craft video will remain on the MRSPL Facebook page in the Crafternoon playlist.
- Virtual Improv Show (Online) — 7 p.m.– The Alden‘s professional teen improv company, The Unruly Theatre Project, is dedicated to bringing comedic productions to the community, the website says. To register, use this link.
Friday (Nov. 20)
- Photos with Santa (Nov. 20 – Dec. 24) — 12-8 p.m. at Tysons Corner Center (1961 Chain Bridge Road) — Santa will be in Tysons Corner Center’s Fashion Court at the intersection of the Nordstrom and Bloomingdale wings starting Nov. 20, the website says. A visit with Santa will be free, and photo packages will be available for purchase.
- Mayor’s Walk — 9:30 a.m. at Vienna Town Hall (127 Center St. S.) — Enjoy a chat and stroll through the Town of Vienna with Mayor Linda Colbert, the website says.
- Virtual Family Fun Night (Online) — 7-9 p.m. — Gather the whole family around the computer or tablet and get ready for some socially distant trivia, according to the McLean Community Center website. The cost is $5 for resident families and $8 for non-resident families. To register, use this link.
Photo via DrZ/Unsplash
Tysons residents will soon get to shape the plan for Fairfax County’s community center in the upcoming Dominion Square West housing development. The county’s Department of Neighborhood and Community Services…
Reston Museum walking tours start at the museum and explore the Lake Anne area Step back in time! Join a Reston Museum docent on Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. for a…
A Maryland driver has been arrested after leading police on an extended chase down the Capital Beltway yesterday (Monday) that crossed state lines and ended with a car flip in…
More than two years into the pandemic, Fairfax County is settling into a more stable approach to COVID-19 testing. The Fairfax County Health Department will now support free testing at…