Updated at 9:30 a.m. on 11/4/2020 — The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (Nov. 3)
- Election Day — 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. — A seat on the Falls Church City Council is being contested, along with the U.S. presidential and Congressional races. To find your polling location, use this link. Voters must be in line by 7 p.m. to vote. Voters must also wear a face covering inside the polling locations.
Wednesday (Nov. 4)
- Basket Weaving Crafternoon (Online) — The Mary Riley Styles Public Library will go live on its Facebook page to discuss basketry from cultures around the world, the website said. Participants can pick up Grab and Go Kits until Tuesday (Nov. 3) while supplies last at the library at 120 N. Virginia Ave.
Thursday (Nov. 5)
- The New Yorker Book Discussion Group (Online) — 2-3 p.m. — Falls Church’s The New Yorker Discussion Group meets on the first Thursday of every month. This month, the group will meet via Zoom to discuss The Political Scene: The After Party by Nicholas Leamann. Email Pete Sullivan, [email protected], to request the Zoom link.
- Author Book Discussion (Online) — 7-8 p.m. — Falls Church City is also hosting an online talk with author Ilya Sharpio, who will discuss his recent book Supreme Disorder: Judicial Nominations and the Politics of America’s Highest Court via Zoom. Email Marshall Webster, [email protected], to request the Zoom link.
Friday (Nov. 6)
- Meet the Mayor — Meet and chat with Vienna Mayor Linda Colbert on a topic of your choosing on the first Friday each month at various times and locations around Town, the website said. This month’s meeting will take place at Meadow Lane Park from 9-10:30 a.m.
Sunday (Nov. 8)
- Pet Adoption Event — 12-3 p.m. at Chico’s Natural Pet Market (6349 A Columbia Pike) — The store will host an adoption event for its pets. Potential adopters can meet dogs who are searching for their new families, hear their stories, and talk with our volunteers who will be happy to answer your questions, the website said.
Photo via Chico’s Natural Pet Market/Facebook
Fairfax County is under a Flash Flood Watch area for Oct. 25, 2021 (via Fairfax Alerts) The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for much of the…
An Arlington-based gourmet burger eatery could make its way to Tysons later this fall. Basic Burger, which boasts that if your burger isn’t made to your specifications, they’ll make it…
An illustration of a coronavirus (via CDC/Unsplash) Fairfax County’s COVID-19 case levels haven’t entirely come down from the late-summer Delta variant surge, but they appear to be headed in that…
The 75th Annual Vienna Halloween Parade is October 27. Learn how to best navigate this year’s parade in the latest Neighborhood Expert.