The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (Oct. 13)
- On Deck with Mercury, 6-8 p.m. — Southside Room of Vienna Community Center — (120 Cherry Street SE) — Monthly community forum for information-sharing and engagement on a variety of topics of interest, the website said.
- Great Books Discussion (Online), 7-8:30 p.m. — “Great Books” Book Club meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of most months. Discussing The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir, the group will meet via Zoom. Email Marshall Webster, [email protected], to request the Zoom link.
Wednesday (Oct. 14)
- Kanopy Film Discussion Group (Online), 7-8 p.m. — Watch the movie and then join us to chat about it, the website said. Discussing the 2018 documentary, The Panama Peppers, by Alex Winter, the group will meet via Zoom. Email Pete Sullivan, [email protected], to request the Zoom link.
Thursday (Oct. 15)
- Preschool Story Time (Online), 10:30-11 a.m. — Mary Riley Styles Public Library will go live with virtual songs, stories, and rhythms on its Facebook page.
- Jane Austen Book Discussion (Online), 7-8 p.m. — Discussing Mansfield Park by Jane Austen, the group will meet via Zoom. Email Marshall Webster, [email protected], to request the Zoom link.
Friday (Oct. 16)
- Drive-Thru Drama (October 16-18), 6-8:15 p.m. — Drive-Thru Drama is a social-distance theatre format that brings people together for live theatre from the comfort of their own car, the website said. Actors will perform one, cohesive story through short scenes across the McLean Community Center parking lot. Audience members will simply roll down their windows and drive the route from actor to actor. The entries will be timed in 15-minute increments.
Saturday (Oct. 17)
- Falls Church Farmers Market, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. at City Hall Parking Lot (300 Park Avenue) — Enjoy fresh, local produce, meat, dairy, flowers & plants, honey, music, and so much more at the Falls Church Farmers Market, the website said.
- Vienna Farmers Market, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. at Vienna Community Center Parking Lot (120 Cherry Street SE ) — Sponsored by the Optimist Club of Greater Vienna, the Vienna Farmers Market features approximately 30 vendors from across the region offering locally sourced fruits, vegetables, and homemade eats, the website said.
- Lorenzo the Great Magic Show, 11-11:30 a.m. — Local magician Lorenzo the Great visits the Mary Styles Public Library just in time for a spooky magic show, the website said. The video will be available from Saturday (Oct. 17) through Saturday (Oct. 31) on its Facebook page.
Photo via Lorenzo the Great/Facebook
The weekend is almost here. Before you start scouring the land for spotted lanternflies or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit recent news from the Tysons area…
Autumn has arrived, and that means Vienna homeowners are about to shift from mowing their lawns to raking them. However, exactly when that transition will begin remains a little hazy….
The Fairfax County Planning Commission voted on Wednesday (Oct. 13) to advance the proposed Silverstone Senior Living facility at The Boro in Tysons. Plans for the senior housing call for the…
For anyone who feels strongly about whether or not Lee Highway and Lee-Jackson Memorial Highway should continue to bear those names, the time to share that opinion has arrived. The…