Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
Has all of this time at home finally given you that “time” you’ve been dreaming about?
I know I spent April, when I was home most, organizing every closet we had out of boredom. I’ve seen many posts around social media showing people doing the same — finally purging all of that stuff you never actually needed. I’ve also seen people wondering if donations are still being accepted during this time of COVID-19.
If you’re tackling a summer clean out, please consider donating your items to these organizations:
- Community Cares Vienna — Collecting food donations for food insecure families and coordinating efforts for clothing for families
- Buy Nothing Project: Give away things for free
- Share of McLean
- Unique Merrifield
- Goodwill in Fairfax
- Habitat for Humanity in Herndon
- Vietnam Veterans of America — you can schedule an online pick up at your home. They especially need clothes in addition to household goods
- GreenDrop — They support National Federation of the Blind, Purple Heart, American Red Cross, and can provide you with a drop off location or scheduled a pick up at your home
Photo via Community Cares Vienna/Facebook
Maybe a haunted hallway? (via Gregg Scott/Flickr) Janie Daum sometimes wishes she never got involved investigating the paranormal and speaking with spirits. “Most people that want to do it, they…
Compensation increases for employees and real estate tax cuts for residents are on the table, as the extra money keeps rolling in for the Town of Vienna. In addition to…
One person has died after two vehicles crashed in the I-495 North access lanes to Route 50 in West Falls Church this morning (Thursday), Virginia State Police reported. VSP responded…
An Italian restaurant named after a Virginia-born cowboy and featuring a “Hell’s Kitchen” chef is slated to open on Nov. 8, Jack’s Ranch tells Tysons Reporter. The restaurant, located at…