Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
Has all of this time at home finally given you that “time” you’ve been dreaming about?
I know I spent April, when I was home most, organizing every closet we had out of boredom. I’ve seen many posts around social media showing people doing the same — finally purging all of that stuff you never actually needed. I’ve also seen people wondering if donations are still being accepted during this time of COVID-19.
If you’re tackling a summer clean out, please consider donating your items to these organizations:
- Community Cares Vienna — Collecting food donations for food insecure families and coordinating efforts for clothing for families
- Buy Nothing Project: Give away things for free
- Share of McLean
- Unique Merrifield
- Goodwill in Fairfax
- Habitat for Humanity in Herndon
- Vietnam Veterans of America — you can schedule an online pick up at your home. They especially need clothes in addition to household goods
- GreenDrop — They support National Federation of the Blind, Purple Heart, American Red Cross, and can provide you with a drop off location or scheduled a pick up at your home
Photo via Community Cares Vienna/Facebook
Nordstrom Rack in Tysons (via Google Maps) Kilmer Middle School was briefly put on alert this afternoon (Tuesday) while Fairfax County police searched Tysons for suspects in an alleged theft…
FCPD Chief of Police Kevin Davis announces a partnership next to Zencity Chief Strategy Officer Michael Simon (via FCPD/Facebook) The Fairfax County Police Department is partnering with Zencity to roll…
The autonomous, electric Relay shuttle at the Mosaic District (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is winding down its groundbreaking experiment with self-driving public transportation. The autonomous, electric Relay…
Are you looking for a flexible master’s degree that will help you advance in your career? Consider George Mason University’s Global Commerce and Policy master’s program! Broader than an MBA…