Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
Has all of this time at home finally given you that “time” you’ve been dreaming about?
I know I spent April, when I was home most, organizing every closet we had out of boredom. I’ve seen many posts around social media showing people doing the same — finally purging all of that stuff you never actually needed. I’ve also seen people wondering if donations are still being accepted during this time of COVID-19.
If you’re tackling a summer clean out, please consider donating your items to these organizations:
- Community Cares Vienna — Collecting food donations for food insecure families and coordinating efforts for clothing for families
- Buy Nothing Project: Give away things for free
- Share of McLean
- Unique Merrifield
- Goodwill in Fairfax
- Habitat for Humanity in Herndon
- Vietnam Veterans of America — you can schedule an online pick up at your home. They especially need clothes in addition to household goods
- GreenDrop — They support National Federation of the Blind, Purple Heart, American Red Cross, and can provide you with a drop off location or scheduled a pick up at your home
Photo via Community Cares Vienna/Facebook
A tractor-trailer caught fire on I-495 this afternoon (Wednesday), shutting down all southbound lanes at the Route 50 interchange in Merrifield. The fire appears to have sparked right as the…
Judges have named The Mather in Tysons, as the recipient of an Award of Merit for the 2022 Gold Nugget Awards, which honors architectural design and planning excellence from around…
This weekend, McLean got its first Fourth of July fireworks since the COVID-19 pandemic began in 2020 — only no one was around to see them. The McLean Community Center…
Caroline Edasis (left) and Marcy Maler guide Mather residents in Aging Well through vibrant and colorful creative arts programming. This biweekly column is sponsored by The Mather in Tysons, Virginia, a…