Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
Has all of this time at home finally given you that “time” you’ve been dreaming about?
I know I spent April, when I was home most, organizing every closet we had out of boredom. I’ve seen many posts around social media showing people doing the same — finally purging all of that stuff you never actually needed. I’ve also seen people wondering if donations are still being accepted during this time of COVID-19.
If you’re tackling a summer clean out, please consider donating your items to these organizations:
- Community Cares Vienna — Collecting food donations for food insecure families and coordinating efforts for clothing for families
- Buy Nothing Project: Give away things for free
- Share of McLean
- Unique Merrifield
- Goodwill in Fairfax
- Habitat for Humanity in Herndon
- Vietnam Veterans of America — you can schedule an online pick up at your home. They especially need clothes in addition to household goods
- GreenDrop — They support National Federation of the Blind, Purple Heart, American Red Cross, and can provide you with a drop off location or scheduled a pick up at your home
Photo via Community Cares Vienna/Facebook