Tysons’ 1st Stage Theatre announced today (Thursday) that it’s delaying its upcoming season until February and will focus on virtual class offerings this summer.
Until 2021 rolls around, 1st Stage will offer new online classes. The “Virtual Classroom” will feature six education courses taught by the theater’s staff:
- July 13-Aug. 17: “Introduction to Playwriting” by family member Bob Bartlett
- July 14-Aug. 18: “Beginning Scene Study” by Associate Artistic Director Deidra LaWan Starnes
- July 15-Aug. 19: “A Director Prepares” by Artistic Director Alex Levy
- July 17-Aug. 21: “Beginning Voice Training” by Casting Director Jane Margulies Kalbfeld
- July 18-Aug. 22: “Approaches to Script Analysis” by Literary Manager Laura Esti Miller
- July 19-Aug. 23: “Introduction to Improvisation” by Director of Engagement Heidi Fortune Picker
Instead of kicking off its 13th season later this year, the theater will wait until February. The new season will include three productions from February-May before the Logan Festival of Solo Performance, which was cancelled this summer, will return in July 2021.
The season is now scheduled to kick off with “The Waverly Gallery,” directed by Alex Levy and written by Kenneth Lonergan. Then in April, the theatre will show “The Nance,” directed by Nick Olcott and written by Douglas Carter Beane. “Mlima’s Tale,” directed by José Carrasquillo and written by Lynn Nottage, will be the season’s last production.
Fairfax County Public Schools has made several bus stop changes in the Oakton area after conducting a safety review of the Blake Lane corridor. Announced today (Friday), the school system……
A D.C.-based flamenco dance company will entertain McLean audiences for a full year as The Alden’s new artist-in-residence. The McLean Community Center announced last week that its in-house theater will…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. As summer vacation is coming to…
After enduring roughly four years of construction, drivers will soon get access to the first piece of the revamped I-66 and Capital Beltway interchange in Dunn Loring. A new flyover…