Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
It’s finally time for the return of the farmers market!
The Vienna one opened this Saturday, while Falls Church is still on Saturday, McLean is on Friday and the Mosaic District is the host for Sundays.
Each market will have their own vendors, some overlap, but all will generally follow the same rules:
- Wear a mask
- Go early to avoid a line — they’re limiting the number of people inside the market at a time
- You can’t pick your own produce — we found fruit to be pre-packaged, and the veggies were taped off so the vendors will pick for you what you order
- There are plenty of spaces to step aside and eat/drink whatever you buy in comfort
- Bring a credit card instead of cash
I know for my family, we partly go for the ambiance — beautiful weather, sometimes live music and someone cooking break fast for you. We were still able to feel that way this past Saturday at the Vienna market, and again at the Sunday one in Mosaic.
Here are some of my favorite vendors:
- Green Heart Juice — Liquid Gold for adults, Summer Crush for kids
- Call Your Mother Bagels — Amazing everything bagels
- Mama’s Donut Bites — Apple Cider Donuts: they didn’t have the truck, but they did have a stand
- Savagely Good — Cinnamon Rolls
- Almond Croissant at the Falls Church City Market (there are several baked good vendors, but there’s one in particular that has the best croissants, also sold at Mom & Pop at Mosaic)
- McCleaf’s Orchard — Fruits and veggies
- Crepe Shop at the Vienna Market — My kids LOVE this place for breakfast. They have egg crepes, as well as savory or dessert crepes.
- Swirly Girl Creamery — Cheese
Photo by Jakub Kapusnak/Unsplash