This regularly-scheduled sponsored Q&A column is written by Val Sotillo, Northern Virginia-based Realtor and Falls Church resident. Please submit your questions to her via email for response in future columns. Enjoy!
Question: Is there any new development in Fairfax?
Answer: I hope this column finds you and yours well, healthy, and you’re managing to stay productive.
Yes! West Oaks Corner is conveniently located by West Ox Road and I-66, at 4489 Lateleaf Trail, Fairfax Virginia 22030. Built by Winchester Homes, it’s a community with 188 luxury townhomes. They opened their sales office last July and they have already sold over 80 units.
They just released two properties in their model row available for immediate delivery (they look amazing!), and they have a few homes ready to be customized and depending on the model they can be delivered anytime between October and December this year. The expected completion date is 2021. I visited their model homes and it looks like construction is moving quickly.
The community looks beautiful and it was thoughtfully designed. The homes have a traditional brick front-architectural style and all of them offer different outdoor space options. They have many green areas and their amenities are nature focused: 2 tot lots, a community lawn, a picnic area with grilling, a community pavilion, meditation park and a Bocce court.
There are 4 different models, each with unique features:
The Jackson: It’s about 2,311 sq. ft. Three levels and a terrace off the kitchen level.
The Wesley: I loved this one! Approx. 2,701 sq. ft. Four levels and a loft (that can be built as a 4th bedroom with a full bath), and a spacious rooftop terrace in addition to the kitchen level terrace.
The Burke: About 3,061 sq. ft. Three levels with a backyard in addition to the kitchen level terrace.
The Sully: Approx. 2,979 sq. ft. End home, 3 levels and the model has a dreamy terrace with a zen space ideal for practicing yoga or meditation. There’s also a backyard and some are fenced.
You can see all floorplans, photo gallery and videos here.
I was very impressed with the design and the attention to detail in these properties. Here are my favorite features:
- Large windows and lots of light throughout. Energy efficient windows block outside noise. The community is quiet, but once inside I didn’t hear any construction noise.
- Stove tops with gas cooking and separate wall oven
- Open concept main level with large kitchen island (with seating and storage), and dining room space. The kitchen is my favorite feature and it’s the perfect space for cooking and entertaining.
- 10 foot high ceilings in the main level
- Smart Home features that help you reduce energy costs, improve your home security and give you more control of your home. Standard models include a Ring doorbell, Schlage key pad, Ecobee wireless thermostat, eero Wi-Fi home system and Alexa-enabled home devices.
- Plenty of storage closets in each level. Master suite has 2 large walk-in closets.
- 2 car garage
- Spa showers
- Soundproof walls
- Beautiful options for tiles, floors, counters, backsplash, wallpaper, cabinets, terrace design, gas fireplace with mantle and many other elegant finishes.
Location, Location, Location!
- Easy commuter access to I-66, Rte. 50, Rte. 29 and Fairfax County Parkway.
- Walking distance from Fair Lakes Promenade, where you can go shopping at Nordstrom Rack, Old Navy, and Barnes and Noble, or dine at TGI Fridays or Silver Diner.
- It’s also walking distance from Costco and Home Depot but I’d drive there if I was you (there’s a Costco gas station there!)
- You’re a short drive from Fair Lakes shopping center, with endless shopping, dining and service options. You can find big stores such as Target, Aldi, Home Goods, Ulta and Whole Foods. Also, Tony’s Pizza has the best NY style pizza.
- Only one mile away from Fairfax Corner with many shops, restaurants, movie theatre and fitness studios.
- Just 1.2 miles from Fair Oaks Mall.
- 12 miles from Dulles Airport and 22 miles from Reagan National Airport. A 10 minute drive to Vienna Metro, and 30 minutes from Washington, D.C.
- The Fairfax County Animal Shelter is right across the street and I encourage anyone considering adopting a pet to make them their first stop. They bring many animals from high kill shelters and their adoption process is simple and fast.
The townhomes start at $704,900, and go up to the $900’s depending on the finishes selected. The HOA fee is $93 and it includes common ground maintenance, snow removal, trash removal, recycling, grass cutting and landscaping.
Overall, I think West Oaks Corner is a great community and the location is very convenient. You are less than 10 minutes away from everything you can possibly need. Based on the location, the size of the properties and the high quality finishes, I think they’re well priced. If you’d like to tour the model homes, I’d be happy to set up an appointment for you!
If you’d like more information, or would like a question answered in my column, please reach out to [email protected]. I hope to hear from you soon.
Val Sotillo is a licensed Realtor in Virginia, Washington D.C., and Maryland with Real Living At Home, 4040 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite #10C Arlington, VA 22203, 703-390-9460.
Beware Vienna Halloween Parade Traffic — Expect major traffic backups on Route 123 tonight (Wednesday), as the Vienna Halloween Parade will close Maple Avenue between Berry and Center streets from…
The Vienna Town Council approved increasing a contract yesterday (Monday) for construction on the police department’s new station. The council agreed to allow up to $67,680 more in response to…
If someone wanted to take a bus from Tysons to Springfield right now, they would have to sit through dozens of stops to travel the roughly 15 miles from north…
Editor’s Note — With all 100 seats in Virginia’s House of Delegates on the ballot, Tysons Reporter is running Q&A-style profiles of the races in the Tysons area this week ahead of…