The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Though many in-person events are canceled, organizations and businesses are setting up digital events to keep people occupied.
Tuesday (April 28)
- How to Market When Nothing is Business as Usual — noon to 1 p.m. — This free webinar will help business owners attract clients despite the economic concerns with COVID-19. Hosted by the Tysons Chamber of Commerce, people can connect with other entrepreneurs in the area. Susan Trivers will be the primary speaker for this event.
- Sweatworking — 5 to 7 p.m. — People have the chance to combine networking with their daily exercise schedule with a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class led by Candace Harding and the Tysons Chamber of Commerce followed by an hour of networking with other participants, the event page said. This event is free. Registration is optional.
Wednesday (April 29)
- Playwriting Workshop — 7 to 8:30 p.m. — This adult workshop is part of an eight-week course beginning this week. People will learn about character development, plot and best practices for emotional impact, according to the event description. It is taught through Creative Cauldron in Falls Church and the price is $240.
- An Evening With Local Poets — 7 p.m. — One More Page Books is hosting a free poetry event with Katherine Gekker and others who will be sharing their works. The event is free and open to the public, the event page said, adding it will be hosted on Facebook Live.
Thursday (April 30)
- Virtual Tasting With Tröegs — 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. — Black Dog Beer Shop will be doing a virtual tasting on Facebook Live for anyone who wishes to watch, according to the event page. People can order prearranged four-packs beforehand and get them delivered or just pick them up with curbside drop, the event page said.
Sunday (May 2)
- Traveling Players Auditions — time slots vary — The Tysons-based theater group is still hosting auditions for its summer series. Kids ages 4-12 are invited to audition through Zoom for their spot in an upcoming performance, according to the website. Parents can sign their kids up online for a spot.
Photo via Carl Barcelo/Unsplash
Marshmallow and chocolate on sticks with peppermint (via American Heritage Chocolate/Unsplash) The Rotary Club of McLean will peer back into the colonial era this weekend for its 11th annual chocolate…
A car on Sunrise Valley Drive passes the Innovation Metro station (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is again asking the state for money to offset anticipated reductions in…
(Updated at 10:25 a.m.) In case the apocalyptic vision of HBO’s “The Last of Us” adaptation isn’t immersive enough, you’ll soon be able to physically battle zombie hordes at The…
A woman walks her dog at Lake Anne Plaza (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The President Stops by Springfield — Joe Biden discussed his economic plans yesterday (Thursday) at the…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.