Two Tysons Corner Center restaurants are among the several businesses in the Tysons-area reporting layoffs due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The businesses recently filed notices under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act with the Virginia Employment Commission (VEC). The WARN Act requires businesses with 100 or more employees to provide at least 60 calendar days advance notice of a facility closing or layoffs affecting 50 or more employees, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
Tysons Reporter looked at the 40 WARN notices filed in late March through today (April 23) in Northern Virginia.
Of those, eight involve businesses in located in Tysons, Vienna, Falls Church or McLean, totaling 1,084 layoffs:
- OneWeb (1785 Greensboro Station Place, Tower 3): 301 layoffs (due to COVID)
- Westwood Country Club (800 Maple Ave E.): 90 layoffs (COVID)
- Crescent Hotels & Resorts (8661 Leesburg Pike): 171 layoffs (COVID)
- Coastal Flats Tysons (7860-L Tysons Corner Center): 135 layoffs (COVID)
- Suit Supply Inc. (453 Brooms Street): 19 layoffs in McLean
- Earls Restaurant (Tysons Corner Center): 119 layoffs
- Case Architects and Remodelers (701 Park Avenue): 24 layoffs
- Fred’s Food Group (8051 Leesburg Pike): 225 layoffs
The businesses listed above claimed COVID-19 challenges caused the layoffs.
Inside NoVa published a list of the Northern Virginia businesses that filed WARN notices in March and April 2020.
Photo courtesy David Endres
Maybe a haunted hallway? (via Gregg Scott/Flickr) Janie Daum sometimes wishes she never got involved investigating the paranormal and speaking with spirits. “Most people that want to do it, they…
Compensation increases for employees and real estate tax cuts for residents are on the table, as the extra money keeps rolling in for the Town of Vienna. In addition to…
One person has died after two vehicles crashed in the I-495 North access lanes to Route 50 in West Falls Church this morning (Thursday), Virginia State Police reported. VSP responded…
An Italian restaurant named after a Virginia-born cowboy and featuring a “Hell’s Kitchen” chef is slated to open on Nov. 8, Jack’s Ranch tells Tysons Reporter. The restaurant, located at…