The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (Jan. 28)
- Happy Hour and Pre-Valentines Soiree — 5:30 to 8 p.m. at Greenhouse Bistro (2070 Chain Bridge Road) — People can gather and make connections over a cocktail or snack. This event is free and hosted by the Savvy Business Network.
- Mark’s Pub Open Mic Night — 8 to 10 p.m. at Mark’s Pub (2190 Pimmit Drive) — Settle in for a night of standup comedy. People can enjoy half-priced burgers and beer specials, according to the event site. People can email event organizers if they want to perform.
Wednesday (Jan. 29)
- Cooking with Chef: Sushi — 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Tower Club (8000 Towers Crescent Drive) — For $30 people can learn how to make sushi rolls and enjoy an evening of culinary delights. RSVP is required.
- Startup Social: Funding Your Startup Panel & Pitch — 6 to 9 p.m. at Office Evolution (8609 Westwood Center Drive) — Entrepreneurs from around Tysons are invited to come network, hear from successful founders and meet people within their networks. Tickets are $10.
Thursday (Jan. 30)
- International Guitar Night — 8 to 11 p.m. at The Barns at Wolf Trap (1635 Trap Road) — Music lovers are invited for an evening of live music featuring several performers. Tickets are $32-$37 and all ages are welcome. Doors open at 6:30 so people can settle in.
Saturday (Feb. 1)
- Tea Party — 3 to 6 p.m. at VABCinfo (8000 Westpark Drive) — The Vietnamese-American Business Council invites community members to gather and celebrate connections with dinner and drinks. RSVP is required.
- The Great Zucchini Magic Show — 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Ecofunplay (8387 Leesburg Pike) — This interactive show allows young kids to experience magic and wonder while spending some free time in the gym. Tickets are $20.
Photo via Wolf Trap/Facebook
New Early Voting Sites Open Today — “Fairfax County will open an additional 13 early voting sites starting Thursday, Oct. 21. In total, there will be 16 voting locations available…
Fairfax County Public Schools School-based COVID-19 vaccination clinics for elementary school-aged children could be set up as soon as mid-November, Fairfax County Public Schools officials say. As reported to the…
A local chiropractic doctor recently surrendered his license after allegedly engaging in sexual misconduct with six patients. The move came just under a year after the Virginia Board of Medicine…
Meet Charlie, a brown German short-haired pointer whose manners will never prompt his owners to cry “good grief!” Though his past is unclear, his friends at Alexandria’s Mid-Atlantic GSP Rescue…