Proposed ideas for how to improve transportation along the Maple Avenue area are set to be discussed at the Vienna Town Council’s work session tonight (Monday).
Town staff is slated to present recommendations from the Maple Avenue Multimodal Study — a study by Kimley-Horn meant to suggest near- to mid-term solutions regarding transportation along the corridor.
“Staff expects a draft of the final report from Kimley-Horn the week of Dec. 9,” according to town documents.
According to town documents, the staff’s top priority recommendations include:
- redesigning the intersection of Church and Mill streets
- redesigning the W&OD Trail crossings at Maple Avenue, Church Street and Park Street
- changing crossing signals so pedestrians have extra time to cross
- adding a local circulator route between Maple Avenue and Church Street destinations
- installing concrete sidewalks along segments of Church Street, Glyndon Street and Courthouse Road
Additionally, the staff would like to see the following studies and strategies done:
- study of parking supply and demand
- traffic impact analysis guidelines
- Bicycle Master Plan to develop a bicycle network for the town
- Streetscape Master Plan and Design Guidelines
The Vienna Town Council is expected to provide feedback on the list of projects to staff.
Image via Town of Vienna
Police say they’re looking for help after a shooter tried to rob and then attacked a man this morning in West Falls Church. The 73-year-old man was on his way…
Fairfax County’s logo on the government center (via Machvee/Flickr) For the first time in decades, Fairfax County workers have collective bargaining powers. The county Board of Supervisors passed an ordinance…
Fairfax Connector Offers Metro Alternatives — With Metrorail service limited throughout the rest of the week, Fairfax Connector is reminding commuters that it offers express service to the Pentagon or…
(Updated at 9 a.m. on 10/20/2021) Fairfax County is currently developing an initial design for a new street envisioned as an alternative route into McLean from Tysons East that bypasses…