The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Earlier this month, Tysons Reporter also compiled a Halloween roundup.
Tuesday (Oct. 29)
- Penny University Yoga Class — 7 p.m. at Caffe Amouri Coffee Roaster (107 Church Street NE) — This event invites all talent levels to a free community yoga class. More information can be found online.
Wednesday (Oct. 30)
- Caboose Tavern Nationals Watch Party — 8 to 10:30 p.m. at Caboose Tavern (520 Mill Street NE) — People can watch the World Series and enjoy drink discounts at the Vienna spot.
- Local Candidates Debate — 7:30 p.m. at the McLean Community Center (1234 Ingleside Ave) — Several candidates will be in attendance including House of Delegates (D-34th) candidates Kathleen Murphy and Gary Pan, Dranesville District Supervisor candidates John Foust and Ed Martin and Dranesville District School Board candidates Anastasia Karloutsos, Elaine Tholen and Ardavan Mobasheri. This event is free and open to the public.
Thursday (Oct. 31)
- Wayfair Popup Final Sale — 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Tysons Corner Center — This is the last day for the Wayfair popup at Tysons Corner. Everything will be 30% off.
Friday (Nov. 1)
- Free F45 Training — noon to 12:45 p.m. at The Boro Park (1640 Boro Place) — People can try a 45-minute HIIT session for free at the new F45’s location in The Boro in Tysons.
- Eaglemania — 7 to 9 p.m. at The State Theatre (220 N. Washington Street) — This Eagles cover band will perform the rock band’s classic hits. Tickets are $25.
Saturday (Nov. 2)
- Wine and Cheese Festival — 2 to 5 p.m. at Whole Foods Market (1635 Boro Place) — This event allows community members to gather for an afternoon of wine and cheese tasting. All are welcome but attendees must be 21+ if they wish to drink wine.
- Vienna Arts Society Live Bench Auction — 6 p.m. at Vienna Community Center (120 Cherry Street SE) — The Vienna Arts Society is auctioning off benches painted by artists. Proceeds will go to the Vienna Arts Society.
Photo via Susan Scanlon
The weekend is almost here. Before you clean up the salt put out for the snow that didn’t come yesterday (Thursday) or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s…
An Inova bloodmobile is on its way to the McLean Volunteer Fire Department (1455 Laughlin Avenue). The fire department has teamed up again with Inova Blood Donor Services to host…
Pedro Benedito Chimo Mandriz (Courtesy) When Pedro Benedito Chimo Mandriz’s family returned to their home country of Angola, he stayed in the U.S. to pursue his dream of running his…
As Fairfax County moves to rename two major highways, efforts to reexamine the names of landmarks referencing the country’s racist past are making their way to the Town of Vienna….