Tysons may not have the liveliest nightlife at the moment, but that could soon change as more late-night restaurants and places to hang out open. “Tysons After Dark” will highlight a different spot every week.
Now that the Washington Nationals won the National League Championship Series, the D.C. baseball team heads to the World Series next week.
The Nats will face the winner of the American League Championship Series — between the Houston Astros and the New York Yankees — in their first World Series since 1933.
Tysons Reporter found some places around the Tysons area offering specials for the World Series Games.
Taco Bamba spots in Falls Church (2190 Pimmit Drive) and Vienna (164 W. Maple Avenue) will feature the “Baby Shark Taco” for $4.50, according to a press release. The taco will include Venezuelan spiced fish “cazón” style with guacamole, green goddess-dressed cilantro and cabbage.
Meanwhile, pizza chain Matchbox will give diners wearing Nats gear on game days food and drinks at happy hour prices. Matchbox has a local spot in the Mosaic District at 2911 District Avenue, Suite 120.
As for watch parties, people can head to The Plaza outside Tysons Corner Center to view the first game of the World Series on Tuesday, Oct. 22. The Tysons Biergarten (8346 Leesburg Pike) plans to have watch parties for all of the World Series Games with the Nats.
Here are some watering holes in Tysons where locals can bring their Natitude to watch the games:
- City Works Eatery and Pour House (1640 Capital One Drive North): The self-described “beer geek” restaurant has 24 flat-screen TVs and 90 craft beers on tap.
- Greenhouse Bistro and Tea Lounge (2070 Chain Bridge Road): The restaurant has three unique spaces, including a sports bars.
- XTreme Wings and Sports Bar (8119 Watson Street): The bar serves up wings and pastas for diners to enjoy with the games.
- Tysons Social Tavern (1960 Chain Bridge Road): The sports bar with patio is located in the DoubleTree Tysons.
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse (8027 Leesburg Pike, Suite 100): The restaurant will have its regular happy hour specials during the games next week.
- Gordon Biersch (7861 Tysons Corner Center): Located in Tysons Corner Center, the restaurant has seven plasma televisions.
Photo via Taco Bamba/Facebook
A new report says there are disparities between Fairfax County neighborhoods in health, income and other factors that affect residents’ quality of life (via Northern Virginia Health Foundation) In between…
AC Milan, the Italian soccer club, is opening a Virginia youth training academy in Tysons (courtesy AC Milan) A top-tier Italian soccer club is making a play for Tysons. AC…
Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA and D.C. with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected]. Did…
The Wedgewood Apartments and other properties owned by the Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority would be subject to the new relocation guidelines if redeveloped (via Google Maps) Fairfax County…