(Updated 10/21/19) Firefighters extinguished a blaze that broke out in a McLean home this afternoon (Friday, Oct. 18) near the Charles Wesley United Methodist Church.
Firefighters from Fairfax and Arlington counties were dispatched to the fire in the 1700 block of Maxwell Court shortly after 4 p.m. today (Friday).
“Crews checking for extension,” according to a Fairfax County Fire and Rescue tweet. “One person being transported [to the hospital] with minor injuries.”
The one person who was home at the time of the fire sustained minor burns while trying to extinguish the fire, according to the fire department.
“The occupant was cooking on the stove when the oil ignited in the pan,” the fire department said in a press release. “The cause of the fire was the auto-ignition of cooking oil that spread to nearby combustibles.”
The fire department said that the person was displaced because of the accidental fire, which totaled roughly $123,750 worth of damages.
Units on scene of house fire in 1700 block of Maxwell Court in McLean area. Fire has been knocked down. Crews checking for extension. One person being transported with minor injuries. #FCFRD #FairfaxCounty pic.twitter.com/0Yprv8CvWb
— Fairfax Fire/Rescue (@ffxfirerescue) October 18, 2019
Map via Google Maps
Moss on a tree in Great Falls Park (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) County Approves Automatic Car Tax Filings — “Effective Jan. 1, Fairfax County will now automatically file personal…
Whether you are ready to move-in now or would prefer to personalize a new home from the ground up, Brookfield Residential is here to help make owning a brand new…
A sample design of the county’s redesigned website (via Fairfax County) Fairfax County is refreshing its website. A website redesign is currently underway as the county looks to update “the…
Black Santa will return to Tysons Galleria this weekend (courtesy Santas Just Like Me) Tysons Galleria is getting a triple dose of Santa Claus this December. In addition to the…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.