School is back in session, and a local McDonald’s is hosting a fundraiser for public education.
The McDonald’s at 3009 Galls Road is donating 5% of their profits to charity now until Friday (Sept. 13). Each day — with the exception of the weekend and Monday — the proceeds will benefit a different school in the area.
The store will also offer students free ice cream cones from 3-5 p.m.
Community members can come to support specific schools on the days shown below.
- Wednesday (Sept. 4) — Camelot Elementary School
- Thursday (Sept. 5) — Stenwood Elementary School
- Friday (Sept. 6) — Fairhill Elementary School
- Tuesday (Sept. 10) — Pine Spring Elementary School
- Wednesday (Sept. 11) — Woodburn Elementary School
- Thursday (Sept. 12) — Jackson Middle School
- Friday (Sept. 13) — Falls Church High School
“As owners of the restaurant and members of the community, we wish to honor the schools in our market area to celebrate,” a press release said, adding that the owner wants to use this event as an opportunity to celebrate the location’s recently remodeled building.
Photo via Moving Merrifield Forward