The City of Falls Church’s free summer concert series will return this week.
Now in its 27th year, the annual City of Falls Church Concerts in the Park series highlights local musicians with a show every Thursday this summer at 7 p.m. in Cherry Hill Park (312 Park Avenue).
The lineup this year:
- June 20: Falls Church Concert Band, playing concert music
- June 27: Mountain Fish, a Southern rock and country group
- July 4: to be determined
- July 11: Korybantes, playing ’80s, ’90s and modern rock hits
- July 18: Soul Stew, a Motown band
- July 25: Big Tow, an alternative and blues band
- Aug. 1: Big Howdy, a progressive bluegrass band
Attendees are encouraged to bring a blanket and a picnic dinner. If it starts to rain, the concert will get moved to the Falls Church Community Center (223 Little Falls Street).
The performer for the Fourth of July concert, which will take place at George Mason High School (7124 Leesburg Pike), has not been named yet.
Image via City of Falls Church