Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
I’ve seen so many memes going around Facebook that make fun of women in their 30s and 40s and our early bedtimes.
One of my favorites says “One day you’re 23 enjoying happy hour in a crowded bar, the next you’re in your 30s avoiding social events and watching murder documentaries to relax.” Truer words have never been spoken. So if you’re in the mood to leave the house and be social, here are some ladies night ideas to try out:
- Music Venues: Jammin Java has an 80s night, which includes food and drinks, or the 80s coverband the Legwarmers at State Theater in Falls Church. The State Theater also has 90s night in August.
- If art and wine are more your thing, try Muse Paintbar in Mosaic.
- Trivia night might be another low key option if the neon side ponytails are not your thing. You could try Lost Dog, Blackfinn, Caboose Commons, Art’s Tavern or Paddy’s Bar for trivia.
- If you’re looking for moral support to try a new exercise class, there are a few Spin classes, Purre Barre, Orange Theory, Crossift on Mill Street, or tons of Yoga options.
- Another artistic option is Board & Brush, where you can create your own wood sign.
- There’s a hidden gem among Vienna called the Culinaria Cooking School, where you can sign up for a cooking class.
I would LOVE to hear from you on ideas or topics for future posts. What are you looking for and/or what info do you need?
The Vienna Town Council approved increasing a contract yesterday (Monday) for construction on the police department’s new station. The council agreed to allow up to $67,680 more in response to…
If someone wanted to take a bus from Tysons to Springfield right now, they would have to sit through dozens of stops to travel the roughly 15 miles from north…
Editor’s Note — With all 100 seats in Virginia’s House of Delegates on the ballot, Tysons Reporter is running Q&A-style profiles of the races in the Tysons area this week ahead of…
A federal judge in Alexandria agreed with legal arguments for two U.S. Park Police officers after they pursued a 25-year-old motorist in 2017 and fatally shot him in his Jeep….