Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
I’ve seen so many memes going around Facebook that make fun of women in their 30s and 40s and our early bedtimes.
One of my favorites says “One day you’re 23 enjoying happy hour in a crowded bar, the next you’re in your 30s avoiding social events and watching murder documentaries to relax.” Truer words have never been spoken. So if you’re in the mood to leave the house and be social, here are some ladies night ideas to try out:
- Music Venues: Jammin Java has an 80s night, which includes food and drinks, or the 80s coverband the Legwarmers at State Theater in Falls Church. The State Theater also has 90s night in August.
- If art and wine are more your thing, try Muse Paintbar in Mosaic.
- Trivia night might be another low key option if the neon side ponytails are not your thing. You could try Lost Dog, Blackfinn, Caboose Commons, Art’s Tavern or Paddy’s Bar for trivia.
- If you’re looking for moral support to try a new exercise class, there are a few Spin classes, Purre Barre, Orange Theory, Crossift on Mill Street, or tons of Yoga options.
- Another artistic option is Board & Brush, where you can create your own wood sign.
- There’s a hidden gem among Vienna called the Culinaria Cooking School, where you can sign up for a cooking class.
I would LOVE to hear from you on ideas or topics for future posts. What are you looking for and/or what info do you need?
Students walking to Van Metre Hall It’s not too late to enroll for the fall semester! The Arlington-based Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University has extended…
Memorial Day weekend is almost here. Before you start planning how to spend the holiday or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in…
With summer on the horizon, visitors are expected to flock to Scott’s Run Nature Preserve in McLean, but the Fairfax County Park Authority is warning now: leave the coolers, alcohol,…
Tysons Corner Center’s Summerfest is back. The annual line-up of free events at the mall’s Plaza ushers in Memorial Day weekend tomorrow (Friday) with a 7 p.m. screening of the…